Concerts - 2007

As for the bands, all I'm expecting is:
  • Dudes unintelligibly screaming their lungs out.
  • Random death/back metal music.
  • Crappy sound quality.

@Lady Sunshine: Ain't Strapping Young Lad from Vancouver?

Indeed, just a few months ago I thought there was no scene here, I guess it's too underground and I'm too used to find everything online.

the next gig i'm going to join: Anathema in Karlsruhe...
I don't have any plans for the summer but who knows...maybe Summer Breeze again...

There's going to be some concerts in Mexico this year, for a change!
The following sound interesting:

when : June 8, 2007
who : Satyricon
city : Guadalajara
where: To be Announced
comments: I will surely be there!

when : August 10, 2007
who : Amon Amarth
city : Mexico City
where: Circo Volador
comments: Don't know if I can make it to this one, money is not a problem - time is.

when : December 9, 2007 (To be confirmed)
who : Therion
city : Guadalajara
where: To be Announced
comments: If this one happens to actually be confirmed, I'll be there.

when : December 13, 2007
who : Finntroll
city : Mexico City
where: Circo Volador
comments: Will be there, even If I have to skip school and work.

Those people from Monterrey and Mexico City are so lucky, all the cool bands are playing there.

I'm in FL to check out a few TOOL shows ...

31 May 07 - Orlando, FL - Amway Arena
Set list ...
Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings For Marie Part I
10,000 Days Wings Part II
Lateralus
Vicarious

In a couple of weeks or so I am going to finally see rahvin and bruce dickinson in the same room - I get to see at least who's shorter!

Ended up seeing TOOL four times
02 June 07 Jacksonville, FL
01 June 07 Sunrise, FL
31 May 07 Orlando, FL
29 May 07 Tampa, FL

everything is beautiful
probably see them one more time this year, Youngstown, OH on 1 July

Will finally get a chance to see Insomnium and Swallow the Sun in September. They're both doing a US tour with Scar Symmetry and Katatonia I guess. Been wanting to see Insomnium and StS for a while now.

I saw Dimmu Borgir and Devildriver (missed Kataklysm). I'm seeing Necrophagist, Decapitated next Saturday:headbang: Ozzfest, Black Dahlia Murder with cannibal corpse in September. Maybe Light this city in July or whenever they're playing the Whiskey i forgot. For sure I'll see them with Edguy and Into Eternity, then who knows what other shows will come up. Of course local gigs as well

I saw some band called Dark Tranquillity perform at Sauna Open Air last saturday. There were quite a lot of enthusiastic DT fans around, in the frontrow I met the guy with the Haven-tattoo on his leg that appeared recently on the DT homepage, among other people who seemed to recognize the bandmembers and who sang old DT-tunes while we were waiting for the band to start. The weather was hot as hell (I must've sweat several gallons during the festival), but the band-members seemed very cool as they were fixing things on the stage.

They started strong with Terminus and continued to blast away for an hour or so with mostly newer songs. The audience was very much into it, singing along to almost every song. The playing was as flawless as I could hear and Mikael as animate and energetic as always. It was a rather standard performance, I believe, with nothing unusual going on, but even on their routine-level the guys delivered damn well. Most of the songs were fast headbangers, but the few slower moments worked very well in my opinion. The highlight of the set was Inside the Particle Storm; it was almost surreal when the audience suddenly went silent during the intro, holding their breaths to sing along with Mikael a few moments later.

The setlist was as follows (it should be quite correct, but I'm not 100% sure):
01. Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)
02. The Lesser Faith
03. The Treason Wall
04. The Wonders at Your Feet
05. Blind at Heart
06. Final Resistance
07. Inside the Particle Storm
08. The Endless Feed
09. Focus Shift
10. Punish My Heaven
11. My Negation
12. The New Build

Later in the evening I had the privilege to spend a few hours with the guys. I've said this before, but it always catches me by surprise to see how down-to-earth and casual they can be. I had some great discussions about the band's past, present and future, Mikael's thoughts about religion, as well as a multitude of other topics, some of which were truly hilarious. I also had a very nice chat with Martin B. that started on poker and studio-work and then somehow turned into him encouraging me to pursue my future plans (thanks). Overall, it was a very nice evening on top of a great festival, and I can't wait to see them again.

-Villain

It is nice to heard that, Villain. DT are truly amazing and I hope they will come back to Mechpsycho some day.

On a different matter, Taake's 2007 Tour: Scheduled for Milano on September the 15th, and gigs in Russia, Mexico, USA and The Balkans are being planned…

Great! Can't wait to see Taake, it also came as a pleasant surprise since I regret not going to the Satyricon concert.

Edit: Though of course it could all get stuck at the "planning" phase... Let's hope not.

i am being entirely overwhelmed by anticipation

burn and rise no more

(if that gets played live, i will faint - rahvin, you are forewarned)

Gogol Bordello in July :D

@Villain: ha, Martin B. recommended me one TV show, and, I have to say, that was a turning point in my life; I don't think I would ever check it out on my own, but as we have prrrretty similar tastes in some fields as I found out, so I gave it a shot (nope, not BoB, still looking around for that one ;)

Man, it's plain hillarious how random it all was... but here I am now... mainly because of Martin B's recommendation :)

Life's good ;) Not Hollywood yet, but I'm getting there =)

I forgot to mention it was great to see Michael N. being his old jovial self - I was a bit worried after reading about his health issues that he might've lost his wonderful personality, but it was all still there. And having found the correct treatment he seemed very healthy and fit physically as well, so all of you who were worried about him before can probably relax now.

Speaking of TV-series, has anyone seen Profit ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115323/ )? I've been watching it with a friend of mine recently, and all the time I think it tells about Plintus. :p

-Villain