Concerts

lead singer was kinda a wannabe maynard i think, but still a very good live band regardless, i might end up buying a cd.
IMG_0322.jpg

I was at that show :headbang:

I was at that show :headbang:
think i saw you, only other one besides one of my friends there and i that had a katatonia shirt on
You guys get Porcupine Tree and Karnivool in one show???!?!?!!?!11 :bah::cry::cry:

I would say just about the opposite.
can see why you might say that, since maynard is absolutly crazy/half naked alot and Karnivool man (dont know his name sorry) is more like collared shirts and grove head-bobs, i just mean that eccentric stage prescence and stuff, i dont know, we would have had to been at the same show for me to remember the stuff he did that reminded me of mjk

Saw Porcupine Tree at Radio City Music Hall the other night and they were amazing. The setlist was incredible. That was my first time there and I can see why that is a world class venue. \m/

Saw Blonde Redhead around the middle of september and the new songs were marvellously performed, though I couldn't get the new album yet.

Saw also Dark Tranquillity, but this last time I liked more Insomnium, a band I didn't consider at all last winter when played together with Swallow the Sun. The new songs of D.T. seem too weak in my opinion. I can't listen to the single they released. I can't believe it's a song of this band.

Will catch AnathemA live in 10 days and can't really wait to hear the new songs live. They just played a couple or three when saw them this summer. Pls, check the video of the song 'Universal' live in Pistoia-Italy this summer... you can't believe your eyes, ears... something memorable.

And then end month AmorphiS and the week after or so Fear Factory \,,/

Devin Townsend Band last night was amazing. Probably the most entertaining show i've been to. Great setlist and venue, not to mention some of the random stuff that came out of his mouth..."The new Banana Nut Cheerios are fucking awesome!" or "heres my wank solo". He even farted into the microphone at one point. Pretty much everything i could have asked for in a show.

AnathemA - setlist of yesterday nite in Bologna

Intro + We're here because we're here

Deep
Pitiless
Forgotten hopes

Destiny is dead
Empty
Lost control

Balance
Closer
A natural disaster

Judgement

Temporary peace

Flying

Are you there

Thin air
Summernight horizon
Dreaming light
Everything
Angels walk among us / Presence
A simple mistake
Get off, get out
Universal
Hindsight

Fragile dreams

They couldn't play One last goodbye, 'coz it was almost 01.00, too late.
And yes, they marvellously performed all the new album from start to finish. Gods :worship:

I'll see A Perfect Circle perform their Mer de Noms album in Los Angeles in a few weeks. :D

I saw that show last night in Seattle. The band sounded great, especially Josh Freese the drummer, he was all over the place. Maynard said he got a cold on the first night of the tour in Phoenix but he still sounded great. We stood on his side of the stage by the speakers and the only thing I noticed was that he would go an octave lower on some of the high notes. Overall, this show was WAY better than the last time I saw them like 7-8 years ago. The band seemed really loose on stage and joked around with the crowd but also sounded really tight musically.

Unfortunately, it seems that way. I don't think they have ever toured the US.

They've never toured, but they played Milwaukee Metalfest in 2000 and 2001, and I caught both shows.

That first show was something really special and beautiful... people had traveled from all over North America just to see Anathema... it is still my single favorite performance ever by any band.

If they announce some European dates for next April/May, the wife and I plan to fly over and catch 2 or 3 shows in the midst of an erotic European vacation.