Confessions

Hmm, I'm not sure whether this is a confession or more a strange little "tick", but:

I HATE knocking on people's office doors. Whenever I am arriving somewhere I am expected at a meeting with someone where they will be in an office or somewhere I have to go looking for them, I always get so anxious, and feel so awkward. It's hard to explain, I almost feel guilty for interrupting them? For example I meet with my research supervisor at 12:30 on Thursday afternoons, in her office which is an office in the general psychology office. Sometimes she's in her office, sometimes she's on her way back from class, so I end up knocking on her door and waiting around anyway. It's so awkward. It's so embarrassing, so I guess this was a confession, haha.

If you're on time, then they should be the one feeling guilty. Don't sweat it. Be confident. You've earned their respect.

Until you open your mouth :p

ooooh elaborate please, that's an interesting confession :)

Alright, let's have some fun~~and I apologize if this is mindless banter of a hopelessly romantic, but jaded idealist ;)

Once in a while, people ask me what I look for in the 'perfect woman'. While I don't think 'perfect women' necessarily exist, there is a somewhat contradictory balance I'm always inspired to search for, not only in women, but in people in general: a mixture of intelligence and curiosity.

Intelligence, insofar as that as we move about upon this fragile earth, issues and circumstances arise that require analysis and experience to make the best choices for ourselves, and our friends. I like people that make their own decisions while understanding where those decisions come from.

Curiosity with a childlike wonder, is, to me, probably the most attractive quality a person can have. Curiosity inspires one to want to learn and want to be open to new experiences, experience which may lead to absolutely unknown potential good times. The curious don't hesitate to try.

I fall head over heels for those that embrace the reckless abandon of youth, aided by conscious presence and awareness that comes from intelligent introspection.

The most unattractive quality I find in people is a lack of authenticity. I don't care if you're socially awkward, physically imperfect, uneducated, or even ignorant. If you try to act purely for the favor of others, then you're worthless.

Yesterday was the 200th anniversary of Darwin's birth, and on SF's local NPR station there was a program featuring conversation with a few Darwinian scholars. A question was asked regarding America's reliance on religion to provide morality and spiritual assurance. One of the guests talked about how many folks, when answering questions about their faith, shift their eyes back and forth to see who's in the room watching and listening to their responses.

People are afraid to be themselves when others are watching, as the most prized possession many people keep is their social identity. So many are terrified of exposing themselves, of exposing their true nature, and being seen as vulnerable in front of their peers. It's this fear of vulnerability that characterizes Americans, uncomfortable in their own skin, keeping them from reaching their true happiness.

We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are gazing at the stars.

It's the authentic people, those that embrace that which makes them unique, that inspire me. If I can't see authenticity, then I'll keep walking.

'Cause it's a short one, and I'd like to keep it scenic.

Cheers

The most unattractive quality I find in people is a lack of authenticity. I don't care if you're socially awkward, physically imperfect, uneducated, or even ignorant. If you try to act purely for the favor of others, then you're worthless.

Who are you to judge? I get your point, and I agree but SOMETIMES you do have to play the game, in social situations or for your career. It's part of life, and bound with human nature. Being accepted and pleasing others is just something we all want to do, and if you need to ham it up a bit at first to get your foot in the door then by all means...

Now if you meant those fake fucks who are ALWAYS fake and full of shit, then I agree. I hate women like that. However if you mean that if you see someone act ingenuine at all, you immediately write them off as 'worthless' then you need to rethink your mindset comrade.

Yesterday was the 200th anniversary of Darwin's birth, and on SF's local NPR station there was a program featuring conversation with a few Darwinian scholars. A question was asked regarding America's reliance on religion to provide morality and spiritual assurance. One of the guests talked about how many folks, when answering questions about their faith, shift their eyes back and forth to see who's in the room watching and listening to their responses.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What the fuck is this based off of, I just did 5 mins worth of googling to find some kind of study and I didn't even find anything remotely related. Methinks this learned scholar pulled it out of his ass. Honesty, what kind of crock is that? That paragraph drew me in at first, I got interest then upon reading that I just laughed.

People are afraid to be themselves when others are watching, as the most prized possession many people keep is their social identity. So many are terrified of exposing themselves, of exposing their true nature, and being seen as vulnerable in front of their peers. It's this fear of vulnerability that characterizes Americans, uncomfortable in their own skin, keeping them from reaching their true happiness.

This is news? It's human nature, no? Humans are social creatures and by that virtue obviously they will want to conceal any part of themselves that may get them ridiculed or even ostracized by their peers. It's not just Americans who are uncomfortable in their own skin, it's a universal trait shared by all humans my friend.

It's the authentic people, those that embrace that which makes them unique, that inspire me. If I can't see authenticity, then I'll keep walking.

You know you can never really know whether a person is authentic or not, it's just based on your perception of them. You could feel someone is authentic when deep down they truly are hiding something and vice versa, someone could be genuine but you feel they are obfuscating some part of themselves and you dismiss them. Doesn't seem like such a great system, however in simple terms of going out and meeting a girl who you can instantly tell if she's a simple, shallow bitch then I see what you're saying.

I confess that I'm not excited at all to start my new job. Yeah it's a different and kinda cool looking environment, but I dunno. It's worth a try, and if I don't like it, I can leave. It's only a temp job to start, afterall.

Also, I need to take a sweet ass shit.

The BMI chart?

According to the BMI chart Im a fatty. 5'6" and 170lbs.

BMI-Chart.png

Yep. I just did mine and it says I am also on the cusp of being overweight. I'm a skinny bitch... this thing's fucked. 5'8" 155lbs is nearly overweight?!

BMI isn't a good metric for fitness as it has no way to distinguish between a fat person and a muscular person of a given height. It does have some value as a measure of how much load your body mass puts on your cardiovascular system. Body fat percentage is a much better metric for appropriate body size.

BMI isn't a good metric for fitness as it has no way to distinguish between a fat person and a muscular person of a given height. It does have some value as a measure of how much load your body mass puts on your cardiovascular system. Body fat percentage is a much better metric for appropriate body size.

What he said.

We've seen no photos of any part of you to prove you're not an anonymous hidden male. Some believe your avatar is you. I doubt it IS, but just saying.

Who are you to judge? I get your point, and I agree but SOMETIMES you do have to play the game, in social situations or for your career. It's part of life, and bound with human nature. Being accepted and pleasing others is just something we all want to do, and if you need to ham it up a bit at first to get your foot in the door then by all means...

Now if you meant those fake fucks who are ALWAYS fake and full of shit, then I agree. I hate women like that. However if you mean that if you see someone act ingenuine at all, you immediately write them off as 'worthless' then you need to rethink your mindset comrade.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What the fuck is this based off of, I just did 5 mins worth of googling to find some kind of study and I didn't even find anything remotely related. Methinks this learned scholar pulled it out of his ass. Honesty, what kind of crock is that? That paragraph drew me in at first, I got interest then upon reading that I just laughed.

This is news? It's human nature, no? Humans are social creatures and by that virtue obviously they will want to conceal any part of themselves that may get them ridiculed or even ostracized by their peers. It's not just Americans who are uncomfortable in their own skin, it's a universal trait shared by all humans my friend.

You know you can never really know whether a person is authentic or not, it's just based on your perception of them. You could feel someone is authentic when deep down they truly are hiding something and vice versa, someone could be genuine but you feel they are obfuscating some part of themselves and you dismiss them. Doesn't seem like such a great system, however in simple terms of going out and meeting a girl who you can instantly tell if she's a simple, shallow bitch then I see what you're saying.

21do87t.gif