Cryptopsy - Slit Your Guts. WTF??!!

Yup, try Cold Hate, Warm Blood definately.
Otherwise: Crown of Horns or Phobophile from NSV.
IMO Slit your guts is an INCREDIBLE song, very groovy and just plain awesome.

If you like the newer stuff, try get Soar and Vision Sore Envision, Emaciate, Voice of Unreason, Serpent's Coil....but promise me that you'll try Slit Your Guts again!

TakinTheMusicBack said:
I just downloaded this song after reading the recommendations in the "Best death metal band" thread.
After listening to it, I have to say it's shite. Are there any lyrics or is the "vocalist" just going "RAAAR! RAR RAR RAR! RAAAAR! ROOARRR!" It's a fucking horrible song. Are all their songs like this, or have I downloaded their worst by accident?
I'm a fan of Morbid Angel, Carcass and Death etc. BTW so it's not like I'm not a death metal fan - this song just sucks dick.

:OMG:
Wow, we have very different opinions TakinTheMusicBack!

Unlike you, the minute I downloaded this song I loved it. It's brutal yet beautifully technical! It's just AWESOME!

I personally think the vocals (Lord Worm) rule as well, and this song alone has prompted me to get the None So Vile album!

But hey, whatever you're into man! :erk:

I don't enjoy 'None So Vile' at all because of Lord Worm's attrocious vocals. It really puzzles me how people can not only tolerate such crap but actually like it. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know I like Death Metal but I fuckin' hate vocals so low it sounds like the vocalist has got a microphone attached to his colon after a hard night of boozin' and eating curry. Sounds shit, plain and simple.

SculptedCold said:
Hehe, Cryptopsy is jumping into the deep end a little....but then again, I and (you've noticed) most other death metal heads think the music off of None So Vile is genius.....and Slit Your Guts is my personal favourite Cryptopsy song! So....yeah.....if you're not into death metal at all, you're not to blame really, anything by Cryptopsy will seem like noise.......I don't think they're the best death metal band to start on! But honestly, it's not just noise, and maybe if you ever get into death metal, whether by Cryptopsy or other bands, you'll definately come to appreciate how truly awesome Slit Your Guts is, as well as most everything else Cryptopsy have to offer.

I'm sorry you feel that way initially though! The first time I heard it I was !:OMG: =)
Great reponse. Slit Your Guts is my favorite Cryptopsy song as well. Fucking genius. It takes time to get into a band as fast, technically tight, and brutal band such as cryptopsy, but once you do the musicianship is jaw-dropping.

Btw...Flo Mounier is a fucking machine.

I just downloaded this song after reading the recommendations in the "Best death metal band" thread.
After listening to it, I have to say it's shite. Are there any lyrics or is the "vocalist" just going "RAAAR! RAR RAR RAR! RAAAAR! ROOARRR!" It's a fucking horrible song. Are all their songs like this, or have I downloaded their worst by accident?
I'm a fan of Morbid Angel, Carcass and Death etc. BTW so it's not like I'm not a death metal fan - this song just sucks dick.

At last, someone agrees with me! Although I'm not a huge fan of death metal, I'm certainly not a "n00be" so keep your innocuously boring comments to yourself. Cryptopsy is not brilliant. No matter how you put it, there's nothing intriguing about their sound or lyrics. They are the conception of some terribly uncreative "musicians"(I'm using this term loosely) solely interested in sounding "LOUD" and "BRUTAL!!" to impress the legions of death metal fanatics whom only want to hear the same insipid, meaningless garbage over and over again, entirely oblivious to the fact that this music they so proudly proclaim as "FuCkIN' HeAVy-A$$ ShIt"(I'm baffled as to how this is counts as any sort of prestige) is really just shit. Stop praising Lord Worm(stupid name) as if he's anything remotely resembling a decent vocalist. Please, the guy sounds like a toad choking on a fly, as if "deep growling" requires any talent. Oh, and the next person that refers to them as "technically brilliant" gets shot in the face.

I agree with TTMB...But, I am not huge Death Metal fan myself. The lack of innovation, almost complete lack of anything interesting, and any kind of structure or melody...it just turns me off. Death Metal will never go anywhere. It's a useless genre of generic rip-offs. I don't see the point.

ROARRRR...GRRROOOORR...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

:OMG:
Disturbed4ntics said:
I agree with TTMB...But, I am not huge Death Metal fan myself. The lack of innovation, almost complete lack of anything interesting, and any kind of structure or melody...it just turns me off. Death Metal will never go anywhere. It's a useless genre of generic rip-offs. I don't see the point.

ROARRRR...GRRROOOORR...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Hey, don't worry, man. I'm not a big fan of older Cryptopsy either.

Phobophile, is a good song, but, I don't know...older cryptopsy is a lot more straightforward, whereas newer is much more chaotic. I personally like DiSalvo's vocals more, anyway.

Grab "Cold Hate, Warm Blood" or "White Worms" and then judge if you really like the band or not, because the fans are split into two camps due to the vocalists.

DiscipleOfPlato said:
At last, someone agrees with me! Although I'm not a huge fan of death metal, I'm certainly not a "n00be" so keep your innocuously boring comments to yourself. Cryptopsy is not brilliant. No matter how you put it, there's nothing intriguing about their sound or lyrics. They are the conception of some terribly uncreative "musicians"(I'm using this term loosely) solely interested in sounding "LOUD" and "BRUTAL!!" to impress the legions of death metal fanatics whom only want to hear the same insipid, meaningless garbage over and over again, entirely oblivious to the fact that this music they so proudly proclaim as "FuCkIN' HeAVy-A$$ ShIt"(I'm baffled as to how this is counts as any sort of prestige) is really just shit. Stop praising Lord Worm(stupid name) as if he's anything remotely resembling a decent vocalist. Please, the guy sounds like a toad choking on a fly, as if "deep growling" requires any talent. Oh, and the next person that refers to them as "technically brilliant" gets shot in the face.
You cannot deny their technical wizardry and by NO means deny their precision. Also, if deep growling doesnt require any talent, I'd like to hear you try and do it without fucking up your throat. Lastly, quit trying to spew off your condescending opinions as fact.