cymbal mic suggestions

Really dig the KM184's, good choice. I haven't tried 414's as overheads, but I totally love them as room mics (and frankly, they sound good with almost anything). I don't like the 451's, too bright and brittle IMO, I might throw one on the hihat but that's about it. We actually tried it as a snare bottom once too, but it somehow got totally compressed and sounded like ass.

Myself, I'm probably going with Mk012's when I've got the money.

Yeah, thinking about the same... I don't say that they don't sound badass, but did you compare them to anything to see if something might've sounded even better? :err:

no i didnt

i just recognize the difference as better

i've recorded cymbals the same way for the past 4 years, oktava's seperated pair

so it was easy for me to hear a difference

KM184!!!

I got a set (new) with a 20% price reduction. The shop apparently needed the money....
I ask for information, he straight away send it, without informing me, saying to test them out....
Told him I just asked for information, he said I could have them for 80% of the price that Thomann sells them...well that was a no-brainer!

KM184!!!

I got a set (new) with a 20% price reduction. The shop apparently needed the money....
I ask for information, he straight away send it, without informing me, saying to test them out....
Told him I just asked for information, he said I could have them for 80% of the price that Thomann sells them...well that was a no-brainer!

Hell yeah great price for some stolen mics! :lol: kidding