DAN NELSON OFFICIAL STATEMENT

If I'm hanging out with a bunch of 40 years olds I don't try to act like I'm 21 I try to act like I'm mature. And whose to even say that is the entire reason. I am certain we will all know soon enough. Hey maybe now is a good time to get SOD back together huh? Lets talk about that instead lamo!

Cheers peeps

PS Just for the record, they never kick John Bush out of the band lets get that straight. Let's just say I personally know this.

PSS if any of your have xbox360 and play Call of Duty send me a request and we can chat music while I'm killing people online! hackz1lla is my gamer tag!

what they should do, considering they are most likely going to have another singer re-do the vocals, is release the album via download as is, or parts of it, to their fans as a way of saying thank you and to get out excitement going

If I'm hanging out with a bunch of 40 years olds I don't try to act like I'm 21 I try to act like I'm mature. And whose to even say that is the entire reason. I am certain we will all know soon enough. Hey maybe now is a good time to get SOD back together huh? Lets talk about that instead lamo!

Cheers peeps

PS Just for the record, they never kick John Bush out of the band lets get that straight. Let's just say I personally know this.

PSS if any of your have xbox360 and play Call of Duty send me a request and we can chat music while I'm killing people online! hackz1lla is my gamer tag!

True, like I said it's just speculation and theory on my part..I know Bush wasn't kicked out, but they did seem to dump on him because he wasn't keen on doing the reunion tour with Joey. They seemed to get back some momentum with WCFYA and they took the easy cash grab with Joey instead, but that's the business I guess. The reunion just seemed to take place at the wrong time. Now probably would've been the time to do that. But that's just my opinion.

As for S.O.D ? haha yeah that would be sweet in a perfect world. Their 7 year gap between albums has been long overdue..and there's even an idea for a new song. "Ballad Of Michael Jackson" anyone?

FACT John was given the choice and her turn it down, due in part to family. I remember them always saying they are still friends with John, which they are. I never really saw it that way but I might be looking at it different then most. The reunion had to happen for its own reasons, none of my business to say but they have all said it before.

Yeah that would be a great ballad! ahhahah

True, like I said it's just speculation and theory on my part..I know Bush wasn't kicked out, but they did seem to dump on him because he wasn't keen on doing the reunion tour with Joey. They seemed to get back some momentum with WCFYA and they took the easy cash grab with Joey instead, but that's the business I guess. The reunion just seemed to take place at the wrong time. Now probably would've been the time to do that. But that's just my opinion.

As for S.O.D ? haha yeah that would be sweet in a perfect world. Their 7 year gap between albums has been long overdue..and there's even an idea for a new song. "Ballad Of Michael Jackson" anyone?

From what has been said on Milanos forum an SOD reunion most likely will never happen.

The re-union I think was at the right it, it re-kindled interest in Anthrax with older fans. If they had done it now, it would have looked like they we riding the coattails of the other bands doing it like Testament and Cynic. Also, Scott said that without the re-union they probably would have had to fold Anthrax entirely

If they get another singer (not Bush or Belladonna) I think they should quit using the Anthrax name and use another, possibly "Cipro" if they wanted to have a tongue in cheek name

Dan you have always rocked hard and you always will! Bigger and better things have yet to come for you with that voice!!!!!

Talked to Dan last night..... He never shit on anyone's back!o_O

He might not of shit on no ones back, it could of been the other way around but i truly belive this statement from a reliable source:

The REAL reason he is "sick" is because he went top shelf on the band tour bus. They couldn't figure out why it smelled to high hell for several weeks. They changed the waste tank and even considered dumping it over an overpass of Dave Matthews fans on a Chicago boat. Alas, they couldn't find the smell and simply put - who thinks to look in the bowl above the toilet??

This is where Dan Nelson roasted a massive pipe and it pissed the rest of the Anthrax members off so much, they fired him

Frankie Bello did take a shit on Dan Nelson out of pure anger not to prank him back, when Dan woke up out of his whiskey coma he had a roll of toilet paper, a envelope with $1000.00 dollars and a note signed from each band member saying, " Dan, your not funny and frankie took a shit on you to prove a point, use the toilet paper to wipe the shit off and the tears away, use the cash to buy a ticket back to new york, your fired, Signed..ANTHRAX.

Rough way to wake up, almost mustaine style but not because in all honesty what the fuck did he expect, the word funny does not come to mind when I hear about somebody having their back shit on while they're sleeping.
:lol:

I find it complete bullshit that Dan didn't know until the announcement that he was out of the band. About a week before it was announced he changed his twitter name from Danthrax to DanNelson76. Along with a post saying 'I'm done.' All before the initial announcment. So him saying he was in the dark is shite.

And since all his tweets on this last tour was, Whiskey! Metal!, Whiskey!, Metal!, and seeing that interview with Charlie, I'd say the dude drank too much. Hence, the illness.

I don't feel bad for the guy. He got a huge shot and fucked it up somehow.

I'm happy this happened. I think he was too young, too immature, and too inexperienced. I heard that first Chicago show and thought. Oh man, this guy needs to settle down. You don't have to call the crowd muthafuckers every 2 seconds. I can't hear you! I can't hear you!! Louder, muthafuckers!!! Blah blah blah. I chalked it up to him being nervous for his first Thrax gig, but now I'm not so sure.

I just hope Bush comes back for good.

And since all his tweets on this last tour was, Whiskey! Metal!, Whiskey!, Metal!, and seeing that interview with Charlie, I'd say the dude drank too much. Hence, the illness.
I hit up YouTube for a live version of Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't tonight and, low and behold, there's a bottle of J&B center stage right by Dan's monitor in Croatia. I had been thinking about the drinking thing over the past day and when I saw that, the lightbulb just went on.

I hit up YouTube for a live version of Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't tonight and, low and behold, there's a bottle of J&B center stage right by Dan's monitor in Croatia. I had been thinking about the drinking thing over the past day and when I saw that, the lightbulb just went on.

Playing in Croatia there should have been a bottle of sljivovica on stage

Talked to Dan last night..... He never shit on anyone's back!o_O

I also asked Dan and Rob about this and both denied it, though Rob said he found that rumor kind of funny. Rob said that he was devastated over this and that it was 1000% out of Anthrax's hands and that he wasn't sacked. He also said that the band didn't lie about his illness when they sacked him, which apparently he wasn't sacked. He didn't really say anything concrete or specific, but that the truth will come out soon.

Rob said that he was devastated over this and that it was 1000% out of Anthrax's hands and that he wasn't sacked. He also said that the band didn't lie about his illness when they sacked him, which apparently he wasn't sacked.

So they didn't lie about his illness when they sacked him even though they didn't sack him and had no control over them sacking him even when they didn't?:err:

This was from Rob himself. But after reading everyone's theories, I don't doubt that possibly too much alcohol consumption played a part in this. Someone mentioned he tweeted "I'm done" on his Twitter page. He did the same thing on his Facebook page. Now, strangely, it's all been erased! He never specified what he meant by this, but I think I can put two-and-two together. Also, he did always talk at length about whiskey, whiskey, and more whiskey. Then after the gig at Rocklahoma..... it was all over!

Whatever the case, I still support Dan because in person he is a truly humble, sweet guy and deserves mad respect and is a major talent. I hung out backstage with him at the Snowscrapers show earlier this year (Feb 5) and he destroyed the crowd for the limited time they had. Things seemed fine at Scott and Pearl's after-party in the Village, at least from what I saw. Maybe Ian wasn't happy Dan brought me along and gave him shit for bringing outsiders in and getting too close. I found Ian to be a prick, anyway.

You guys may like Bush, as do I, but Dan gave Anthrax a much-needed shot in the arm. Either way, I'm not bailing on the kid. If Bush does come back, then great, but I still Anthrax fucked up royally on this one.

Funny how when shit like this goes down people claiming to be "friends" with band members suddenly appear on boards like this. The boards been here for years, yet you only bothered to join now?

Aye, fucking right.

(That's not a jab at anyone in particular BTW, I know some of you guys probably ARE friends with these guys, but I'm sick of seeing all these people saying "I was talking to Dan/Scott/Rob etc last night and they told me...")

I totally agree with you. But I didn't know this site existed until I saw Dan's statement on Facebook, which led me here. I just thought I'd give support to him. Anyway, I may stick around.

(That's not a jab at anyone in particular BTW, I know some of you guys probably ARE friends with these guys, but I'm sick of seeing all these people saying "I was talking to Dan/Scott/Rob etc last night and they told me...")

I was talking to Dan and Rob last night and both were completely bewildered and wondered what the fuck I was talking about.

Turns out my mates aren't in Anthrax. Who knew....

I totally agree with you. But I didn't know this site existed until I saw Dan's statement on Facebook, which led me here. I just thought I'd give support to him. Anyway, I may stick around.
Um, but, you joined in November, 2008.

I was talking to Dan and Rob last night and both were completely bewildered and wondered what the fuck I was talking about.

Turns out my mates aren't in Anthrax. Who knew....

Xentrix. Now there was another awesome thrash band who lost a singer and went down the pan. :headbang:
I fucking LOVE Xentrix! I'm from Glasgow too BTW.