Darkthrone

De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is frickin' incredible. Those riffs are so god damn awesome.

I have the digicrap edition of Transylvanian Hunger, the production sounds dirty but if it's remastered I would like to hear the original for comparison purposes.

Erik said:
Yeah, I checked that too, heh. So basically he means "old bats unveiled by the full moon" but he writes "flittermice of eld unveiled at the plenilune". Great. At least "spys" is wrong. :p
Something about that makes me :lol:

Darkthrone I'm still a bit :ill: about (anyone surprised?)...very much a mood thing for me to listen to them. De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas I would definately recommend though. It's the good shit :cool:

EVERYONE should own Transilvanian Hunger. Panzerfaust is my favorite, barely edging out TH. The only two albums that arent all that great are Ravishing Grimness and Plagueweilder. Goatlord has some excellent Death Metal on it too. In fact, any fan of Black metal should own Ablaze through Panzerfaust. I still consider Darkthrone one of the Best Black metal bands. I believe they are far from simply a first tier influential band. As far as digipacks go, fucking peaceville is both a curse and a blessing. They totally fucked the mix on Ablze and Under a Funeral Moon for the Digipacks. But its okay because I have jewel case version of them all as well. The only reason to buy the new Peaceville Digi's is for a completist like myself to have the interview clips. In conclusion, buy Darkthrone. BTW if anyone sees a copy of Total Death on Vinyl let me know, its the only vinyl I dont have.

Transylvanian Hunger is probably the quintissential BM album for me. Not necessarily my favorite BM album ever, but certainly something that represents BM without frills. It's pretty easy to get 'lost' in the title track.

Panzerfaust - You will love this, and listen to it again and again. The production on this rules - vocals in your face, and the riffs wrapping around your head violating your very being. I think J will like this the most.

DMDS - Near perfection, except the vocals take some getting used to. They are not your standard BM rasps. I've tried to start a review for this many times, and I can't do it. There is too much to absorb.

Yes. Sardonic Wrath kicks ass. Discuss.

As for my favourite Darkthrone albums - it has to be "Under A Funeral Moon". Flawless black metal. "Ablaze In The Northern Sky" and "Transilvanian Hunger" are almost as good. I also dig "Total Death", "Hate Them", "Soulside Journey" and "Sardonic Wrath".

What do you guys think about "Goatlord"? I think it contains a couple of gems, but the overall song quality varies A LOT, from crap to utter brilliance.

Erm, since not everyone reads every thread, this is just to let you know that a new interview has been published with Erik and Fenriz discussing his new compilation CD called "The Best of Old School Black Metal".

fotmbm said:
I will fucking kill you if you don't get A Blaze in the Northern Sky, Under a Funeral Moon and Transilvanian Hunger.

right on sir, the only DT albums I bother with.

A Blaze in the Northern Sky is absolutely top 5 black metal albums material.... hands down.

All Darkthrone is essential. Well, except maybe Goatlord.... aside from that the only thing missing from my collection is Transylvanian Hunger.

Anyone have the Darkthrone tribute Darkthrone Holy Darkthrone? Gehenna did a fucking awesome cover of TH. Emperor's cover of Cromlech and Enslaved's "Natassja In Eternal Sleep" are essential covers.

"Under A Funeral Moon" is their most awesome release.
"Transilvanian Hunger" is their most important release.
"Soulside Journey" is a kick-arse death metal release.

Panzerfaust is still definetly my favorite Darkthrone release. The emotion in Nocturno Culto's voice on that album is startaling. I happen to like Goatlord as well. Songs like Thornfield and Green Cave Float are great.

Sardonic Wrath! :kickass: The album sounds like it's being played through my fender practice amp. :D

"Information Wants to be Syndicated" is a guttural, bowel scraping, doom riff....and just when you think they've progressed a little, "Sjakk Matt Jesu Krist" is pure punk-laden riffage, heh. I'm listening to the rest now....bitch, if "Man Tenker Sitt" doesn't have you headbanging then you must be dead. :kickass:

So far, Sardonic Wrath > Hate Them...but I'm just excited right now. :cool: