Darkthrone

well, i'm bidding on an ebay auction for the jewel case edition of A Blaze...
so please stay away or die! the person's user name is star_scream0_0

edit: same person has Transylvanian Hunger (probably the jewel also) for like $4 with 2 days left and no bids, if anyone wants. shipping will be $7 +5 for each additional item. decent, overall. i think i'll end up with DT-A Blaze in the Northern Sky and Morgion-Solinari for pretty cheap

Notice, that there's also versions with slipcase over the jewelcase, those came out (2001) before the digis.

Erik said:
yes, but those can barely be found anywhere anymore. my "a blaze" is one of those, and except for the slipcase and the copyright date on the cd, they are identical to the originals (except trans. h. which has "NORSK ARISK BLACK METAL" removed)

Yeah, those not really available anymore, but just to informate people so they don't pay absurd amount of money, if someone says Darkthrone jewelcase.

i'm not gonna sweat it. i'am excited about getting these. shouldn've gotten em a long time ago. classics before clones, you know.

which other ones other than the unholy trinity are worth owning? how about that death metal album?

The only weak Darkthrone album, in my opinion, is Plaguewilder. Everything else is a safe bet. Be aware, though, Goatlord is very different from the rest.

J. said:
which other ones other than the unholy trinity are worth owning? how about that death metal album?

Soulside Journey is the death metal one, it's pretty goddamn good!

In my opinion, beyond that, just wait and see what you think of the ones you get. If they inspire that total fanboy reaction of wanting to collect everything the band's ever done, then you think about where to go next.

Crimson Velvet said:
The only weak Darkthrone album, in my opinion, is Plaguewilder. Everyone else is a safe bet. Be aware, though, Goatlord is very different from the rest.

I find "Ravishing Grimness" to be their weakest. "Plaguewielder" is pretty kool imo, "Sin Origin" is a rockin' track that is not to be missed.

And "Claws of Time" is beautiful...

In fact, I've never had any difficulties listening through the whole album in one sitting, and enjoying it to some extent each time.

And compared to scores of other black metal albums out there, "Plaguewielder" is pretty good, but not compared to Darkthrone's other albums.

so this darkthrone band is pretty damn good. blaze in the northern sky should be considered a milestone or something