death metal band with most outstanding recording history?

Bolt Thrower make good albums, mostly because they pretty much make the same album every time.

Not that I'm complaining, because I love Bolt Thrower.

And I say Cannibal Corpse. I love all their albums.

my vote goes to Autopsy. not a single bum album.

Seriously? You enjoyed Shitfun?
After Mental Funeral I think they take a massive nosedive, making at least half of their material really quite poor.

I'd second Immolation and add Incantation. Both have consistantly release high quality albums and with the amount they've each released that's quite an achievement.

Others of note imo:
Drawn & Quartered
Morbid Angel
Vader
Obituary

Unleashed

Where no life dwells,shadows in the deep,across the open see,victory,sworn allegiance,midvinterblot.

Gorguts-the only band that reinvented themselves with each new album. They broke up at their peak, From Wisdom to Hate is the band's crowning accomplishment.
I'd nominate Death but they weren't consistently good throughout.

Really? I didn't think Death ever had a bad album. Some of them had bad production jobs, but all of them were well above average, and most were great.

I'd also put Nile, Cryptopsy, Opeth, and Suffocation on the list of unapproachable brilliance. Entombed is close, but they've had one or two shitty albums, and don't really qualify as death metal anymore.

Excluding Formulas, every album after Covenant is mediocre to garbage. Morbid Angel was groundbreaking, but their recording history is far from perfect.

After one or two good albums, Kataklysm wrote safe, predictable music that even their fans are starting to see through. They've been in this rut for years.

The only decent album CC released was Vile. Disregard the rest because whatever intent they had in mind, hundreds of bands have done it better.

Actually I'm not sure, I'd forgotten that they put out another album. I don't think I've ever heard it.

I agree about Gorguts and Immolation. Most veteran death metal bands have either disbanded after one or two albums, or started releasing weak albums, but not them (though Gorguts may never release another album, they were all good).

I never claimed to be an elitist, so I must say, that Nile has a good recording record. The first two were good (though bad production made Catacombs not as good as it could have been) to great. They are one of the only bands I can think of that actually gets better with each album. I like Incantation's latest, but they have had some weak albums in between, such as Blasphemy. Dismember have never released a really bad album, but they have released a few that are just "ok," so they do not qualify. But at least they always stuck to their death metal roots, unlike Entombed.