Death Metal Bands

I don't know black seeds too well, but ITDS is awesome. I really liked annihilation too tho. I think it's got it's own unique sound, like their other albums. Ithyphalic is forgettable tho...it's just raw speed and bad production; it doesn't have that eerie and powerful Nile feel to it...

Still one of my favorite bands tho

Battalion seems to take quite a few notes from Hypocrisy's book.

Here is an interesting question. I wonder what effect country/region has on ones growls. Since Germanic and Scandinavia's native languages are generally low when spoken (compared to something like english or french etc.). Do you think a different way of speaking would effect the style/depth of the growler. I've noticed that many Polish growlers for example use a different sort of style than what I'd say is conventional growling. I'm not piling people into groups or anything I just thought it was an interesting point. There are not a whole lot of people from America's I'd consider to be capable growlers, I wonder if the local dialects would effect that.

@Delta: it's definitely an interesting discussion, but I think its just as much about influence as the language itself. many polish growlers are influenced by Peter from Vader for sure.. even the more brutal singers. they've all got that particular belt. when it comes to swedes (i'm doing some serious generalizing here) there's two main groups. Dismember and Entombed definitely made a school of their own with their debut albums. Singers like Matti Kärki and L.G. Petrov has an almost hardcore way of balancing their growls I think. they're still pure death metal.

There's anus thing with likinig every debut album just to be an ass with a good vocabulary :p

Haha...but c'mon...I think this way...If the band can make a really killer debut album, like out of nowhere...and then the follow-up is just ok or along the same lines, but just not pushing the envelope...then debuts are much better :) haha I don't know...fuck a goat, hail satan.

There is something anus about you and kev too... its like you are both full of shit... or something.

Im drunk (like stefan) btw.
Cheers fuckers.

I love you too.

Yup.. the EP actually is a grower. "Weak Aside" kicked my ass from the first time I heard but "Mouth of Empty Praise" is a friggin' monster. I've had the first verse on my head for days. CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE-AAAH! Hail Åkerfeldt

lol, and that movie sample part in sick salvation just keeps on getting better and better for me! How do you guys not like it? IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO INTENSE!