Death Metal Bands

Hey EmeticGore. I remember you said you were going to the dimmu/Behemoth show April 9. I just got back from the Dimmu/Behemoth show here, and man you are going fucking shit your pants when they come to your town (or wherever you are seeing them). The show is so fucking intense, especially Behemoth. Dimmu sounded spot on with their album works while live (something I was told wouldn't happen, and myself didn't see coming). Behemoth actually sounded better than usual. Behemoth came on and literally the entire crowd became a giant moshpit. Amazing show.

Be prepared for a damn good show. Well assuming your crowd is as immersed as ours was (we got many encore from both bands)

GOOD, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait to fuckin' see Behemoth for the first time haha. I'm going to find some way to have a couple beers with them after or something. Even if I must pay $$$. How was Keep of Kalessin? Did you like them much?

I live 6-7 hours away from the city. Preparing myself for a long bus ride

(@ life depraved) Obviously ;)

I'd only want to see the Keep and anything off of the Apostasy. I saw Dimmu live and they were terrible....they went on WAAYYY too long. And plus everything they do sounds the same now, lyrics and music wise....My fav album by them is Enthroned, although Puritanical has some great moments.

Keep Of Kalessin is the best thing about the tour...though you couldn't drag me to it. Yeah had to stick my opinion in :D

ok, i love behemoth, but keep of kalessin are fucking AMAZING, if youve heard armada then you'll know just how amazing they are, i almost shit my pants in sheer joy when i heard them, but i notice no one is really mentioning them when they mention the tour
my two cents say they kick ass

Both Dimmu and Behemoth are only decent bands to me. Dimmu has some fantastic tunes on Enthrone and Puritanical. Behemoth have some good riffs here and there and good vocs, but they're one of the most criminally overrated bands in extreme metal

I like Dimmu quite a bit, actually (though I have to agree their last couple albums haven't really had the great standout tracks like some of their other albums). "Absolute Sole Right" from Puritanical is a badass song, though.

I haven't been able to get into Behemoth much..I have the Apostasy, but for some reason it just doesn't click too much with me. It's GOOD, but I don't really find myself putting it in.

I'd totally go to that concert, though :D

-D

Idk...I just can't get into the "trendy extreme" bands now. Behemoth(death metal wise) and Dimmu do nothing for me. Behemoth...the black metal period has some really cool stuff...even if it's simple as shit. And Dimmu have never had one single good riff imo. I'll admit I use to be in love with their Stormblast-Enthroned material...but I can't stand it for the life of me now. Keep Of Kalessin's last album is really good though...I hate to see them get inspired by the trendy scene now though and put out something mediocre...but we'll have to wait and see. Good for them getting on the tour nonetheless.

Keep of Kalessin was really really good too at the April 2 show. However they are a younger band (I think) and didn't have the sound down quite as well in my opinion. And obviously they probably can't afford the same amount of stage amusements and equipment as Behemoth or Dimmu. Still they were good. Sucks being the opening band though, they didn't get a whole lot of response.

A lot of people say Dimmu isn't good live but they were amazing this show. Plus they played a lot of songs from all era's. Opening with Spellbound by the devil and moving randomly from there. I was glad to hear a lot of old shit.

2 bands I've been listening to lately:

In Thy Dreams (Yes I know....At The Gates ripoff; but I still like it)
Darkane (Their drummer is really good! Completely underrated)

Darkane is awesome. First song I heard by then was rusted angel. Instantly got hooked on the band after that. It seems like no one I know likes them but I think they have a pretty good sound. Though they changed a lot from that time it remained good

Might be the vox that turn them off. Their drummer is solid, that's what I really like. lol, ever since me and my friends have been jamming At The Gates I've found a new appreciation for the Gothenburg Style. Another one I'm liking a lot is Dimension Zero.

lol, yeah, it's the CF guys. The only album I have by them is The More You Suffer and I hate it....but yeah, I heard their older albums are great. Check out the song Highest Beauty, it's awesome!