Death Metal Bands

I'd say thats a good description...those bands are criminally underrated also. Haven't heard much of POD other than the split album with Axegrinder...which I find much better btw.

While you're at it...check out Order From Chaos...NWN! is putting out some stuff on vinyl. This band spawned Ares Kingdom and Angelcorpse.

Great stuff :)

Real Death Metal, no wimp melodic, tech, fagbrah shit.

Deicide's new album is shit for anyone who was going to buy it. Fuck em' haha.

@LifeDepraved: death metal is shit when you can't understand what damn language they're speaking. Bloodbath, Aeon, Nile, Amon Amarth and Vital Remains is pretty much as good as it gets.

Deicide's new album is shit for anyone who was going to buy it. Fuck em' haha.

Aww...really? After Stench of Redemption I was really looking forward to it. Then again, I read an interview with Asheim where it seemed like he recognized the success of that album, acknowledged how good it was, and the difficulties in following that up...but that he thought that the solution to that was to remove the small traces of melodic death that was on Stench.

I'm all for brutal death, but I dunno...Stench was a refreshing change for Deicide. I think if they removed that subtle melodic touch that was on that album, I'd probably go back to being disinterested in them.

I'm not really a hardcore fan of them, though, so maybe they felt they 'sold out', haha.

-D

Aww...really? After Stench of Redemption I was really looking forward to it. Then again, I read an interview with Asheim where it seemed like he recognized the success of that album, acknowledged how good it was, and the difficulties in following that up...but that he thought that the solution to that was to remove the small traces of melodic death that was on Stench.

I'm all for brutal death, but I dunno...Stench was a refreshing change for Deicide. I think if they removed that subtle melodic touch that was on that album, I'd probably go back to being disinterested in them.

I'm not really a hardcore fan of them, though, so maybe they felt they 'sold out', haha.

-D

Exactly how I felt,
It has the melodic touch on the solo's but nothing else really. It's good for a head bob I guess but Stench of Redemption remains at the top for deicide with no competition.

Holyyyyyy shit. We are the nightmare, go out and buy that album. Arsis is amazing.

Out of all the bands that have been releasing new albums lately (leaving bloodbath out of this) this is by far the best written album in the past 3 maybe 4 years for me. At the very least, some of you will appreciate it.

One thing though is that the best songs are on the album, not the myspace page. Even those are masterpieces though

Holyyyyyy shit. We are the nightmare, go out and buy that album. Arsis is amazing.

Out of all the bands that have been releasing new albums lately (leaving bloodbath out of this) this is by far the best written album in the past 3 maybe 4 years for me. At the very least, some of you will appreciate it.

One thing though is that the best songs are on the album, not the myspace page. Even those are masterpieces though

that shit is really good! really digging it, can't believe I haven't heard it earlier.

Haha I know!
I'm so surprised on what delicious AAA music these guys have delivered us this time around. Can't get enough

Aah a friend of mine won't let me convince her how good these guys are! She'S convinced Born of osiris is better. tsktsktsk, driving me nuts! teach the girl a lesson someone ^^

@LifeDepraved: death metal is shit when you can't understand what damn language they're speaking. Bloodbath, Aeon, Nile, Amon Amarth and Vital Remains is pretty much as good as it gets.

You're a mainstream, flavor of the week death metal listener...if you don't understand then don't try to.

You're a mainstream, flavor of the week death metal listener...if you don't understand then don't try to.

That isn't really fair.
I like every single one of those bands that he listed.
I also listen to a lot of the bands you've listed in my short term of posting and long term of lurking.

Just because someone prefers riffs and clarity of vocals over brutality doesn't make them "mainstream". It also doesn't mean that just because you listen to super brutal "non-mainstream" metal that you somehow have some kind of higher perspective.

-D

Not everything I listen to/posted has been "brutal"...and there are plenty of riffs and vocals to be heard. And I never made it out that I'm above anyone. And those bands are quite mainstream in the death metal field...don't kid yourself.

I'm basing what I said on his likings that I've noticed while posting here...

Hey we've all got our own taste. I mostly listen to the same shit he does, but I still enjoy the old school brutal death metal. Sometimes if I hear a lowkey metal band I'll love it for what it is, but that doesn't work with every band. You sounded way too much like you were talking from a pedestal man. haha. No offense intended, just pointing out that it sounded a little ignorant.

Back to topic, Arsis is a pretty good band. The first stuff I heard from them wasn't really anything special, but the song writing has been improving greatly.

I've listened to the 1st album from Arsis, A Celebration of Guilt

the song The Face of My Innocence is really good, the rest wasn't too appealing to me, 2 or 3 songs besides the one I mentioned

now that Delta Storm said they have improved greatly I might give it a try

Hey we've all got our own taste. I mostly listen to the same shit he does, but I still enjoy the old school brutal death metal. Sometimes if I hear a lowkey metal band I'll love it for what it is, but that doesn't work with every band. You sounded way too much like you were talking from a pedestal man. haha. No offense intended, just pointing out that it sounded a little ignorant.

I have a tone of sarcasm in my posts mostly all the time. I'm not here to win anyone over...I'm just suggesting some bands that I think no one here has ever heard of or would even take the time to venture out and find. Not everything I post is "low-key"...I think you guys are use to perfect sound production...which isn't always the best for a Death Metal band imo. Though my opinion and it doesn't quite matter. But the whole point is he said "...is pretty much as good as it gets." And I really disagree with that...so I'll put in my own two words. Thank you.