Death Metal Bands

And Arsis blows. Another Willowtip disaster. I'd rather hear another Crotchduster album from that label then another "let's try this time to make that ATG album very technical, the kids will love it! well they will buy our shirts at least!".

And Arsis blows. Another Willowtip disaster. I'd rather hear another Crotchduster album from that label then another "let's try this time to make that ATG album very technical, the kids will love it! well they will buy our shirts at least!".

The melo"death" factor definitely ruins that band. Gothenburg is a big no-no in any form of music

Nothing "br00tal" is amazing. All those slam death metal bands the kids call "br00tal" these days are lame as fuck. Devourment being the main example.

Agreed, they're all pretty much carbon copies of each other.

I don't need good production to be happy. I need feel and atmosphere; and I find that in some underground, grimy, shitty sounding treasures. But I also find it in some perfect, well rounded, mainstream music. I listen to anything, if I like it, that's good enough for me.

Agreed, they're all pretty much carbon copies of each other.

I don't need good production to be happy. I need feel and atmosphere; and I find that in some underground, grimy, shitty sounding treasures. But I also find it in some perfect, well rounded, mainstream music. I listen to anything, if I like it, that's good enough for me.

I pretty much agree. I have a wide range of tastes...I mean shit...I go on Shoegaze binges from time to time, but Death Metal is an important genre to me...Don't mind me if I have something to say.

Arsis isn't really mainstream, nobody knows of them. But I do agree there is a little gothenburg in it. For some reason I just love the band. Maybe because of how good the guitarist is. I don't think I've heard him play anything I didn't like. The vocals are alot lighter than any other band I listen too yes, but for some reason I like those too. Not because I'm a mainstream kid Lifedepraved. I do the same as anyone else and simply enjoy what appeals too me. It's my own opinion that I need to understand the words atleast a little.

"In the grand scheme of things" all that matters is that we all like Death Metal. And that last band you posted I did actually enjoy quite a bit besides the vocals. But I can get past that 90% of the time.

Well I guess it depends on the area because Arsis is extremely big with the "scene" kiddies here.

And I respect your opinion, just "as good as it gets" is more like a fact you made more than an opinion.

And I don't know...the way I view vocals is...if it matches the extremity of the music then I'm all for it. If the lyrics get emotional, I expect a more emotional style...etc...I haven't had any problems with vocals of the bands I listen to and enjoy...but at times I do hate it when they are buried in the mix or too high...unless that's their point...like Archgoat for example...but that's another subject for another day :)

On a side note. Lifedepraved. What the fuck is up with your signature and the Opeth pic/parody? I laughed my ass off when I saw it but I really don't know what the fuck that's all about. haha

I find Arsis is obviously good technically, but pretty much a Necrophagist ripoff (with higher vocals). That's the problem with a lot of bands these days; they sound good, and they have great musical skill, but they're not original.

@stefan: Gothenburg just "pumps, *clap*, you up" (Hanz and Franz) :) (I mean the Dimension Zero/Darkane/In thy Dreams metal, not In Flames/Soilwork)

Members of Samael have a side project called "Above" that I hadn't heard of until today:
http://www.myspace.com/above666

Kind of strange because it's more like their older Samael material than an actual Samael release lately. I actually don't mind their techno direction (Solar Soul was getting back to at least Passage level, which was nice), but I'd clearly like to hear more stuff like this. It's not bad!

-D

I hear alot of mixed results from people for Samael. Personally I can't see them ever topping Ceremony of Opposites, and the way they're doing things now I wont be expecting an attempt. Which really is disappointing but oh well.

For the longest time I'd only listen too Baphomets Throne, Eaten, Conquer All(Behemoth), and pursuit of vikings(amon amarth). Anybody know some other powerful/good production death metal songs? Hopefully with some decent singers lol.

Psycroptic is by far the superior band of those ultra technical modern bands. They've got a great sense of groove and songwriting mixed in there which is something unique in that wankery-related genre

Edit: I was referring to the Arsis/Necrophagist discussion now