Death Metal Bands

For some reason I enjoy Hell To Be Reborn the best. It's got a lot of groove and interesting switch ups. Although I think these guys mix the vocals too high. Might just be my fucking headphones though. I've got professional headphones yet vocals sound way louder on these than on most systems. haha

I hear alot of mixed results from people for Samael. Personally I can't see them ever topping Ceremony of Opposites, and the way they're doing things now I wont be expecting an attempt. .

Nope....they won't. But there are a lot of bands that I still enjoy that will never top their best efforts. I'm a giant Judas Priest fan, but they'll never top Screaming for Vengeance (in my opinion, I know other people have other favorite albums). It doesn't make me less of a Priest fan now, though.

Of course Samael has deviated quite a bit from that style...which is a little hard to swallow if that isn't your cup of tea. I was mostly surprised at this "virtual band" of theirs because it does sound more black metal than anything they have done since Ceremony, really.

-D

Holy shit Septic Flesh made a new album? I thought they disbanded:S I loved the albums Sumerian Demon and Revolution DNA so much. Definitely getting Communion! Already sounds awesome

Oh and about that band Dying Serenity (mentioned a few posts back).... Argh... Bob damn it why are bands like that allowed to exist? Secondly, why are they so popular in America when they all write the exact same fucking songs with the same annoying breakdowns 3/4 in??? They all get signed too!

Hail of Bullets musical portion is good but the singer sounds like an extreme version of jonathan davis...
Do you realize you're talking about the legendary Martin van Drunen here..? Known for his vocals on classic albums by -most notably- Asphyx and Pestilence? He is one of the most sick, brutal and highly considered Death Metal growlers in the bizznizz.