Death Metal Bands

the most brutal death metal band would probably have to be 'Dogchasm'. The guitar work is some of the finest and catchiest riffs to ever be recorded!

I'd suggest taking a look at Myrkskog for some neat sound / vocals, even though "Deathmachine" is death-black. "Superior Massacre" is closer to death but also less interesting IMO.

Bloodthorn's "Genocide" is also a refreshing album, although also death-black. Forget their older releases if you want anything death-like or even remotely brutal. Some might not like the vocals.

As for pure death Aborted and Decapitated come to mind, although I find the vocals slightly monotonous on Decapitated's releases.

But yeah...difficult to beat Peter and Mike, especially when it comes to vocals using more layers than mere growling or screaming.

Cheers!

I personally HATE Aborted's vocalists growls.... His screams sound cool and the band itself plays some really decent instrumental stuff.

wow, have you guys seen the new suicide silence video? it just got released and at the same time got banned from mtv, even headbangers ball. they show this girl who thinks shes getting a nose job at this doctors office and instead of giving her a nose job, the guy mutilates her face and show everything. its fuckign crazy. im not a fan of the music, but got damn thats fucking cool shit.

That's hardly a "shows everything" moment. Actually it's pretty mild to myself. But yeah that band does suck ass badly... They appear to me as a sort of proto-grindcore band like Job For A Cowboy. Though I admit Job For A Cowboy got better.

All those pretty boy poser death metal bands blow. Job For A Cowboy changed their look and sound because Metal Blade told them to. And I'm sure Century Media did the same with that other band. And these kids are so young and easily led that they will take anything for a quick dollar and some fame early in their lives.

DEATH TO FALSE DEATH METAL!!!!

:lol:And kev would start playing progressive hiphop polka for one of these:

385.jpg

I actually enjoy a few tracks from the new Job For A Cowboy album, which REALLY surprised me. I hated their old works with a passion

Grindcore will never have a place in my life. No matter how catchy or addicting it is.

Personal preferance I guess. Just hate how the guitars sounds and how 'Type-writer' style the drums are. Can't even hear bass half the time unless they're doing some necrophagist tapping solo (which is getting old now).

That and the singers usually sound like they got a cock in there ass. Take Nasum for example lol.

I enjoy grindcore as much as other genres of metal, but it`s too self-centered, and quite simply a bit overrated :D about the deathgrind thing, its true :]