Death Metal

I notice a lot of people mentioning bands that only have demos and/or EPs, but no full lengths in this thread (and other threads as well). I don't bother to check out any bands that don't have a full length out. Am I missing out on good stuff because of this? I don't like demos and EPs because they are too short (well, demos can be as long as full lengths sometimes).

I never knew what constitutes an EP or an LP because of bands like Reverend Bizarre releasing a 65 minute EP and other bands having LPs that clock in at less than 30 minutes

I'm pretty picky with newer grind myself. I can't stand the technical garbage like Cephalic Carnage and the like (but I'm sure you feel the same way).

I usually listen to the crusty stuff like Excruciating Terror and Phobia, as well as a myriad of gore bands.

I notice a lot of people mentioning bands that only have demos and/or EPs, but no full lengths in this thread (and other threads as well). I don't bother to check out any bands that don't have a full length out. Am I missing out on good stuff because of this? I don't like demos and EPs because they are too short (well, demos can be as long as full lengths sometimes).

I think it has more to do with bands with demos/eps out sounding very promising, than just buying their latest demo tapes or 7"

so people tend to keep an eye out for their future releases.

For example bands like Necrovation, from their demos alone you can tell their future releases will be great. They have a full length coming out very soon, which should not be missed by swedish death metal fans.

I'm checking out Jungle Rot at the moment, this isn't bad stuff, good vocals too, time will tell if I really like this stuff. It reminds me a little of my slower Blue Wizard death metal stuff, the repetition of mid paced riffs.

Like an ever flowing stream is one of my favourites. BTW, what about the latest s/t one? Is it any good?

I actually don't like that release too much

Me either. I really liked 3,4 songs and found the album to resemble In Flames majority of the time and found the album to be all over. Dismember can't seem to blend things so it seems like two albums compacted into one.

I check out bands with e.p's just not 7" because do not have a vinyl player.

I'm checking out Jungle Rot at the moment, this isn't bad stuff, good vocals too, time will tell if I really like this stuff. It reminds me a little of my slower Blue Wizard death metal stuff, the repetition of mid paced riffs.

Don't waste your time listening to shit like this out of all the metal to hear and listen to something that can influence your guitar playing and make you a better player.

lol

Does anyone like Detrimentum? Their new album 'Embracing this deformity' is damn good, in the vein of sarpanitum.

@Death Delirium,
TGTNW sounds like In Flames? What era?

He's fucking stupid. He's mistaking Iron Maiden harmonic references with direct Melodeath influence.