Death Metal

Decrepitaph just got signed to Razorback Records. The label seems to be much more focused on straight-up old school death metal than goregrind these days. They have quite a roster.

I read about that a couple days ago. I'm unfamiliar with their roster; what good bands do they have? I have a feeling that Decrepitaph is now their best band.

I don't know if I'd say Decrepitaph is the best off their roster but they sure are damn good.

Razorback's current roster:

Blood Freak (started out as more of a goregrind outfit but now lean more towards old school death metal with occasional doom influence)
Crypticus (black/death metal with some grindy influences)
Fondlecorpse (straight-up old school death metal)
Frightmare (death/thrash)
Hooded Menace (doomy death metal with members from Phlegethon)
Vacant Coffin (same as above but with a more grind influence)
Gruesome Stuff Relish (started out as more death/grind but their upcoming album seems to have a more mature death metal sound)
Eviscerated (Swe) (I don't think they are properly signed to the label yet but I believe they are going to put out their first full-length at some point)

...and I believe they are re-issuing some of Cianide's material as well. But yeah, check out all of those bands.

I love the logic here. Everybody thinks it sucks, so Derek immediately thinks he'll like it.

Seems to be the case with most of the bands he likes, now that I think of it.
:lol: I thought I'd like it because it's Groove Death Metal, which can be very good from my experience with it.

Jungle Rot are terrible. I would actually rather listen to Six Feet Under who are also terrible.

Best death metal bands right now.

Bloodbath
Necrophobic
Nominon
Evocation
Interment
Demonical
Unleashed
Hail of Bullets
Demiurg

Morbid Angel maybe since they have dave vincent back depending on the new album. Morbid Angel will atleast destroy every US DM band on all levels.

Hey, he likes some good bands. :Smug:

I never said they were bad bands. He just has a tendency to like bands that get a sizable portion of hate around here, such as Satyricon, Dark Funeral, Cannibal Corpse, SFO, Deicide, and Dimmu Borgir.

I think I just listed his entire collection.

France's Bloody Sign is going to release an EP with Blood Harvest. I've heard a track from it and it sounds really awesome. They have a firm foundation in death metal, but the guitar riffs have some black metal influences as well and it really works well. I haven't checked out their other material and I hope it's as good as what I've heard.

For those interested: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=8837029

I don't know whether Dodens likes grind or not but I'm pretty sure he'd like Blood Freak's second album which is pretty much straight-up old school death metal with an occasional doomy touch.

Edit: I inserted links to all of those bands' myspaces in my original post so check them out.

Morbid Angel will atleast destroy every US DM band on all levels.
even Incantation and Autopsy? I think not...

Maybe I'd like Jungle Rot then, any similarities to Six Feet Under?

yeah, the similarities lie in the fact they both suck cock.

I don't know whether Dodens likes grind or not but I'm pretty sure he'd like Blood Freak's second album which is pretty much straight-up old school death metal with an occasional doomy touch.

he likes old grindcore, doesn't keep up with the new bands I like I do.

Best death metal bands right now.

Bloodbath
Necrophobic
Nominon
Evocation
Interment
Demonical
Unleashed
Hail of Bullets
Demiurg

Morbid Angel maybe since they have dave vincent back depending on the new album. Morbid Angel will atleast destroy every US DM band on all levels.

Necros Christos man!