Death Metal

Deicide are really generic for DM and their later albums are especially shitty.

so I'm listening to the Necrovore demo right now, and supposedly the band is getting back together to re-record the songs and maybe some new stuff. anybody heard of this?

Deicide's first album is pretty above just average imo.
It's average in terms of old school death. It doesn't hold a candle to any of the early European dm bands, and it also doesn't measure up to the early works of American bands such as Incantation, Immolation, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Monstrosity, Brutality, Death, Hellwitch, etc. I'd even take early Obituary and Malevolent Creation over it.

so I'm listening to the Necrovore demo right now, and supposedly the band is getting back together to re-record the songs and maybe some new stuff. anybody heard of this?
I heard about that, too. The sound quality/production of their demo (which is the only thing they ever released thus far) was so horrid that it put me off the band. Maybe I'll check out their album when it comes out.

I can agree that it doesn't match up to most European death metal but I'd say it's a hell of a lot better than most US death metal albums (besides maybe Dawn of Possession).

I heard about that, too. The sound quality/production of their demo (which is the only thing they ever released thus far) was so horrid that it put me off the band. Maybe I'll check out their album when it comes out.

yeah the demo's production is pretty horrid, but underneath it is some pretty solid old school death metal