Death Metal

Haven't listened to NMF for a while. Just remember how awesome it is. Especially Cancer of the Soul "Kill them for they must die". That's writing of the highest degree :lol:

Listened to it yesterday, twice. What a blast!! One of my favourite DM albums, definitely. :kickass:

The Bloodbath EP is the sexiest thing I've heard in a long time

Must get it!! Nice cover, btw. When is the new album coming out?

So it appears that WMEB's recent airplay of extreme metal has encouraged some more of that stuff to be sent to us by promoters. Along with the usual mandatory crap I have to play, I've got the new Bloodbath EP and Origin album at my disposal. I hope this trend continues.

The new Origin is godly. Its one of the next few albums I am going to review.

I think Varg is a bad person because he murdered someone but I enjoy Burzum :)
I wear my Burzum shirt regularly, but I wonder what people would think of me wearing a shirt of a church burner and a murderer? Granted, I haven't met anyone while wearing the shirt that knows about it but on the surface it seems kind of crazy to do so.:lol:

I wear my Burzum shirt regularly, but I wonder what people would think of me wearing a shirt of a church burner and a murderer? Granted, I haven't met anyone while wearing the shirt that knows about it but on the surface it seems kind of crazy to do so.:lol:

Frankly, I'd imagine the people who see you in it and actually know who Varg is are the least likely to give a shit.

Is the new Origin better than Echoes of Decimation and Informis Inhumanitas?

It's advertised as faster than they're previous releases, but it's not. Less blasty and faster riffs, but it seems more tech., not a total about face by the band from death to tech. but a great release. I think with a few more listens I may replie that, yes it is better than they're last two releases, but I personally am not saying that yet.
I could not find the new BB ep anywhere, does anyone know of any distros selling this? I also want to get they're dvd.

Well, Deicide has never been at the top of the Death Metal chain for me. There's plenty of better bands, even just in Florida. Morbid Angel, Nocturnus, and Atheist are three of the more popular bands that pop into mind. Hell, I'm listening to Massacra's (the French band) debut right now which came out in 1990 just as debut Deicide and it stands over anything I've ever heard by Deicide.

Gonna grab that Origin disc; their old stuff was fairly impressive and I liked the song I heard (The Aftermath) off the new one

Fuck Origin. Terrible band. Useless blasturbation, pointless techy guitar work, fuck them.

Exactly. I mean every song has the same old sweep picking,etc... and it gets really old. Origin basically can't write music for shit.

Well, Deicide has never been at the top of the Death Metal chain for me. There's plenty of better bands, even just in Florida. Morbid Angel, Nocturnus, and Atheist are three of the more popular bands that pop into mind. Hell, I'm listening to Massacra's (the French band) debut right now which came out in 1990 just as debut Deicide and it stands over anything I've ever heard by Deicide.

Agreed. It's not difficult to understand why so many metal fans dislike the band. The man is a jerk, and their early material is far from special, pretty meh. But to be honest, the Stench of Redemption is not a bad album, some good songs and amazing guitar work.

Yeah, even among metalheads, Glen Burton is pretty much universally recognized as a douche. Deicide always struck me as a poor man's Morbid Angel, except with less variety. So a really poor man's Morbid Angel.

Exactly. I mean every song has the same old sweep picking,etc... and it gets really old. Origin basically can't write music for shit.
says the Stone Temple Pilots fan.....

But really, I think Origin are talented both in terms of playing and songwriting. But their style might not be everyone's cup of tea. The riffs and arrangements are good, and the musicianship is as tight as fuck. You play guitar, so you should know better than that.