Death Metal

Yeah, even among metalheads, Glen Burton is pretty much universally recognized as a douche. Deicide always struck me as a poor man's Morbid Angel, except with less variety. So a really poor man's Morbid Angel.

They never really sounded much like Morbid Angel to me. But then I haven't heard everything by either of those bands.

Glen Benton is a total idiot and asshole, but in a thoroughly hilarious way. Also, a good vocalist.

Stench of Redemption is the only worthwhile thing they have put out since Legion.

Deicides first two are what got me into death metal. Until then the only Death Metal I had heard was Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, and Obituary (none of which I liked, and still don't). When I first heard Legion, it blew me away. I loved it.

Having said that, once I got into Death Metal I quickly discovered a million bands that were way better then Deicide, and haven't really looked back.

Fixed. SOR still sucks though

I still think SOR is not that bad. Especially if you listen to the last Vital Remains' record. Now That sucks :puke:

I also remember when Deicide's first record was released and metal stores in Sao Paulo received it. Everybody here was impressed, and after a few spins, people would compare it to Sepultura :lol: At that time, Sepultura's Beneath the Remains was a success down here, and we were expecting their new one, which would be Arise :kickass:

Haha...that's funny...because about two seconds of anytihng from any one of Sepultura's albums is a more pleasant and eaningful musical experience than the entire Deicide back catalogue.

A poor man's Morbid Angel indeed. And only faggots listen to Morbid Angel.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Katakalysm, Hate Eternal and Vital remains due to a concert I'm going to. I'm not quite sure what to think of Hate Eternal I think Job For A Cowboys bull shit hat sounds similair ruined them for me a little I still like them though.
I'm not to familiar with Deicide but I think Homage for Satan is a pretty sick song

Hate Eternal are ok, but get boring quickly. I can't believe that Job For A Cowboy sound like Hate Eternal. With a name like Job For A Cowboy, I would think that there is no way they play death metal. Based on the name, I would think they are a metalcore band. And I hate almost all metalcore.

Job For a Cowboy? I've never bothered to check them out. I might dl one of their albums to listen to for laughs once or twice, but it doesn't sound like something I would really get into. I must say that Job For a Cowboy is a terrible terrible terrible name! The name alone could turn me off to them.

I like some stuff from Morbid Angel. The first three albums are very good (Altars of Madness, Blessed are the Sick and Covenant). Gateways to Annihilation is also good. Heretic is probably the weakest release, some strange stuff. They deserve some respect, these guys have influenced lots of bands.

Job for a Cowboy is just a stupid name... not an awful band, the album has some decent songs. Nothing extraordinary, though.

Deicide sound nothing like Morbid Angel and suck. Older MA is some of the best US death metal period. fuck off and die!

I like his older, more intelligible vocal style a lot more than his contemporary vocals. These days it's almost ridiculous how terrible his vocals are. I guess his actual voice isn't bad, but him trying to pronounce any word is a total failure.
My favorite vocals from him are on When Satan Lives, In Torment In Hell, Scars of the Crucifix, etc... more so than his older style.
I've always preferred Deicide and most DM I like to Sepultura, for some reason I just skipped Sepultura in my metal evolution.

And only faggots listen to Morbid Angel.

you're the same fellow who likes octavarium more than scenes from a memory, right?

And yeah deicide sound fairly different from most morbid angel, I think it's the aggressively "satanic" images and shared time period that lead me to compare the two

what I'm saying is MA rule and Deicide suck.

also domination is a kickass album that deserves some of the residual affection from the first three