Death Metal

Man, I used to be absolutely floored by Necrophobic. I listened to The Nocturnal Silence almost daily, not sure why it doesn't do much for me anymore.

Because it is overrated and fairly run of the mill in its structure? Good album, but A Velvet Creation is far superior.

Consuming Impulse is fucking awesome, definitely their best!

ALSO one of the best fuckin covers of all time:

pestilenceconsumingimpulse.jpg

Every time I look at this album cover, my face feels real itchy. o_O

I've really become fond as hell of A Velvet Creation in a relatively short amount of time. I had started out with Eucharist's Mirrorworlds over 2 years ago and didn't check the debut out until Death Aflame mentioned them to me on gameFAQs sometime last year. It really scaled up to be one of my favorites in no time at all. I like it more than most every other DM album there is barring TRitSiO and DCF:TT

quality album, you know they were in their mid-teens when they wrote it?

that said, whilst it used to be in my top 5 DM albums it wouldn't make my top 20 these days

Yeah, it is impressive that people that young put out such a great album. The album always comes off as a BM album to me in atmosphere and sound even though musically it isn't.

EDIT: Ok, Jenny has to go from the signature.

It really does depend on whether you appreciate/like black or death metal more, and I tend to gravitate slightly towards the latter, so that's that. It's a fucking awesome album imo.

It's a very close match between Soulside Journey and Under a Funeral Moon for me. I think the former wins by a margin just because I prefer death metal.