Death Metal

there were some contradictions in what they said. It's not the view that they take, it's how they apply it. They also seem really ridiculous. I wonder how much of that is real and how much is a bullshit persona.

Nah, they're not idiots in any sense of the word. Having a majorly disagreed with world view doesn't make someone dumb.

I guess you didn't notice any of the contradictions or blatant racism after claiming to not be racist. :loco:

I didn't know people like them were here in northern VA. More of a southern VA thing tbh.

Fun read though, and I loled several times (and not just about the contradictions).

According to somebody I know who is 'friends' with the band, it's not much of an act.
I didn't think so. But seriously, if they consider metal to be stupid and purile, why do they play it?
I don't think they actually genuinely believe what they're saying - they say this shit and convince themselves they believe it, but if they did they'd be doing something different, I think.

I guess you didn't notice any of the contradictions or blatant racism after claiming to not be racist. :loco:
well, and they say they don't hold someone responsible for the pigment of his skin. But then they hold him responsible for the failures of his ancestors...interesting.
Also, they ignore the fact that there were several significant empires in Africa. They also just don't have a fucking clue what they're talking about. Both would benefit from a good read of Guns, Germs, And Steel.

Nicely done, brah.

moral of the story is that the non-instrumental aspects of Arghoslent = role model to live your life by.

This is fine. They even say Arghoslent is about riffs, which is all I listened to them (and many other bands) for.

Arghoslent are great. I would say that they are probably my favorite newer American death metal band. And beyond that I would say that they are even better than quite a bit of the old school American death metal (like most of the Florida and California dm).

I've never actually heard Arghoslent. Time to educate myself...
This actually sounds pretty damn good. Not mindblowing by any measure, but good aggressive-but-melodic death metal.

Opinions on Deathevokation?

I've listened to only one song but it did not impress me much. I expected some good Death Metal in the vein of old school bands but I just heard some Melodic Death Metal. It was also quite slow. (no gothenburg)

Perhaps it's because I expected one thing and got another.

Opinions on Deathevokation?

I've listened to only one song but it did not impress me much. I expected some good Death Metal in the vein of old school bands but I just heard some Melodic Death Metal. It was also quite slow. (no gothenburg)

Perhaps it's because I expected one thing and got another.

Listen to the full album. It's masterful Death Metal, one of the genre's best since its glory days. It's also totally old school - just not in the American style, but European (particularly Swedish/Finnish).

I will admit that it takes a fair amount of listening to fully sink in, but when it does, it's incredible.