Death Metal

Wow, good effort...

Arghoslent is a rock-solid riff-oriented band, though I tend to fine them slightly too bouncy and up-beat for my personal tastes. "Galloping through the Battle Ruins" is bloody epic, though.

Yeah, same here. Although, I gave Incorrigible Bigotry a listen last night for the first time in years and enjoyed it far more than I probably ever have. Still not too keen on the opening track (mostly that first riff), but the rest is quite great.

Listen to the full album. It's masterful Death Metal, one of the genre's best since its glory days. It's also totally old school - just not in the American style, but European (particularly Swedish/Finnish).

I will admit that it takes a fair amount of listening to fully sink in, but when it does, it's incredible.

Totally agree here. It certainly needs a bit of time to fully appreciate and I doubt that listening to 1 song alone can really be as rewarding as listening to the whole album. It's so well put together.

At first I liked it but it didn't seem all that great. But it just kept getting better. Now I think it's great and for an album that's a little over 1 hour long, it still seems short.

So, Earache signed one of the local deathcore bands that fucking suck named Oceano. I fucking hate them, and they live 5 mins away from me. When will this trend end?

Speaking of Deathcore, I think Whitechapel is blowing up, they're getitng big, already with cd's in Wal Mart and the CD storeI went to in East TN, where they are from, had 8 copies of the new Whitechapel CD, no CD in the store had that many copies of the same one, I also saw a guy with a Whitechapel shirt, so they're the next Job For a Cowboy or bigger.

I finally got around to downloading Grave of the Archangels and holy fuck why did I wait so long, Necrovation im going to listen to next

Speaking of Deathcore, I think Whitechapel is blowing up, they're getitng big, already with cd's in Wal Mart and the CD storeI went to in East TN, where they are from, had 8 copies of the new Whitechapel CD, no CD in the store had that many copies of the same one, I also saw a guy with a Whitechapel shirt, so they're the next Job For a Cowboy or bigger.
Except that that's fine, because they're actually decent...

When will this trend end?
THE TREND IS DEAD! THE TREND IS DEAD! THE TREEEENNNDD IS DEAAAAAD!

Oh God. I had to sit through them when I saw Suffocation. Absolutely horrible band.

Umm, they live right around me and play in the local scene. Its worse for me.

I also have come to the realization that I know nothing about modern death metal. By modern I do not mean brutal death metal or bands like Behemoth and In Flames, just death metal that takes notes from OSDM but still offers something new. Help me find some good bands?