Death Metal

I think it should be considered one of the albums that bridges fans of both OSDM (Swedeath esp.) and melodic/Gothenburg DM...besides, have you ever heard a band called DISMEMBER!?
Yeah. But it seems that the Gothenburg/meodeath influence first started to creep into Dismember's sound on their third album. Regardless, I like all Dismember. Melodeath influence is not a bad thing. Melodeath and brutal death get way too much shit, and I don't understand why.

I like melody and all, just like when the bands are still 'Death Metal' bands. Edge of Sanity for example have the lower DM vocals and the heavy guitars,etc.... and a good portion of Melodic Death Metal bands have higher raspy vocals and the music sounds like Power Metal. I like heavy guitars mainly when it comes to heavy music and like distortion and when guitars sound cool and have low end and it is one of the reasons that basically draws me to Metal music.

There are really not many melodic death bands that I dig. It's not my style & I could honestly do without. I haven't become dozens & dozens of melodic death bands, but I've heard quite a bit & I used to sample a ton of melodic death stuff. Something about most of it lacks depth to my ears. More power the true fans of the genre though.