Death Metal

They are just stupid jokes. I've seen a lot worse from him... but yeah, it's something to laugh "at" rather than "with". I just thought I would share it since this is a death metal thread. I dont mean to piss anyone off.

It's just the fact that he actually believes that shit, and insults it. Annoying, and passe jokes too. We get it, growls are funny to you...let's move on.

They are just stupid jokes. I've seen a lot worse from him... but yeah, it's something to laugh "at" rather than "with". I just thought I would share it since this is a death metal thread. I dont mean to piss anyone off.

I'm not authentically pissed, lol. It's just that (like most dm fans) I've heard it all before...every criticism and possible degredation you can throw at dm, and it's all unoriginal and tired by now.

A lot of DM bands do have funny/goofy vocals so of course people are going to make fun of it. Someone/people are going to here some ridiculously hilarious DM band and than think the entire genre is a joke because it is how people are.

I like Pablo Francisco, but I fucking hate Dane Cook. Pablo is pretty funny. I don't really care if he's "not tr0000000000000 2 deth m3tal", that just was a shitty bit of his anyway. Some of his stuff is funny.

Jim Florentine, Todd Barry, Doug Stanhope & Dave Attel are all much better comics FTR however.

Doug Stanhope is awesome! It's like he gets pissed off onstage and just makes shit up on the spot.

Dane Cook was kind of funny a few years ago before he got famous and started stealing his material from Louis C.K. His first special on Comedy Central was pretty good.

brutal death seems to suffer from an unusually high concentration of same-y-ness, at least to my ear, much like tech death. I'm not really a huge fan of either, but I do enjoy a lot of bands that incorporate some brutal elements (Skinless, Suffo, Nile, Benighted, etc)- I think vocal variation helps a lot.

Also, can we all pause to reflect on how good Anatomy Is Destiny is?

Thanks.

There's just so many defining traits in the genre that I can't stand. Clicky drums, gravity blasts, gurgly vocals, purely rythmic songwriting (that sometimes borders on rap), etc. Obviously not all brutal death metal inherits all of the above traits but those are the most common.

And that video was pretty gay. The guy is pretty good as far as delivery goes but the jokes themselves just aren't that funny and he just makes himself look ignorant.

Yeah, Brutal Death has always gotten a bad rap for the cliche gurgling vocals, pig squeal vocals, repetitive blast beats, Dropped F guitars, etc.

ObscureInfinity explained that very well.

But there are exceptions, you just have to look.

Devourment is an obvious expection; though they are the posterboy for stereotypical BDM sound.

WORMED doesn't use the cliche blasts as much as Devourment. They are constantly compared to them, but the Sci-Fi themes obviously split them apart. The production is better, which IMO is crucial to great BDM.