Death Metal

I checked out the Putrevore cd and did not care for it. oh well

Revolting is fucking awesome though.

Yeah, Brutal Death has always gotten a bad rap for the cliche gurgling vocals, pig squeal vocals, repetitive blast beats, Dropped F guitars, etc.

ObscureInfinity explained that very well.

But there are exceptions, you just have to look.

Devourment is an obvious expection; though they are the posterboy for stereotypical BDM sound.

WORMED doesn't use the cliche blasts as much as Devourment. They are constantly compared to them, but the Sci-Fi themes obviously split them apart. The production is better, which IMO is crucial to great BDM.
Dropped F? Wouldn't that be a step higher than Standard E Tuning? Making it not dropped down at all?

There's just so many defining traits in the genre that I can't stand. Clicky drums, gravity blasts, gurgly vocals, purely rythmic songwriting (that sometimes borders on rap), etc. Obviously not all brutal death metal inherits all of the above traits but those are the most common.

Brutal death metal is what happens when mindless niggerdom is allowed to run rampant through metal.

He's probably talking about 5 or 6 string guitars tuned down

Dropped F means G standard tuning with the low G tuned down two steps to F. I don't know what he's talking about because I've never seen a band play in dropped F...

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post. But yeah there's no such thing as a 5 string guitar. Well I don't think so. There are 5 string basses though.

Dropped F means G standard tuning with the low G tuned down two steps to F. I don't know what he's talking about because I've never seen a band play in dropped F...

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post. But yeah there's no such thing as a 5 string guitar. Well I don't think so. There are 5 string basses though.

I meant 6 or 7 string. I was tired.