Death Metal

I guess song and album titles Cowboys From Hell and The Great Southern Trendkill would be one example. The southern sound mostly comes from Dime's influences like Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top.

tbh I really dont think Bloodbath is about money, I think its just a chance for them all to get away from their main bands and make some bitchin death metal. If they really wanted to make money they would make time for massive tours and such.

I'm talking about the underlying progressions, not the technique applied to them, and especially about the bouncy rock-stupid "mid-paced" sections that litter their releases. If it's dumb and chugging and obviously just about the money, the obvious reference point is Pantera.

1. They don't tour. Bloodbath played there first show 10 plus years after forming and as a band rehearsed 2,3 times days before the show(wacken carnage.

2. There is pretty large gaps between their albums.

They obviously make no money from Bloodbath and have stated they put in a lot of effort to keep putting out albums and pay for everything(recording,etc..) using their free time off and get nothing for doing it.

The band members already have a mainstream sounding rock/metal band called Katatonia and if in it for the money instead of writing a Bloodbath cd would have shortly followed up a Kataonia album and would have had 2 more cds by now getting some 'money'. I swear people on metal-forums views don't even make any sense and everything is always about money,etc.. maybe it's just a reflection of yourself wanting money and besides you're not the one who has been struggling in bands as a musician for 20 plus years. I would imagine you would want to make some money off of the only thing you do.

.. and what the fuck point are you trying to make.

stay at ********* you nerdy geek dungeon and dragom playing metal head fuck!

HEY DUDE my bands cd in one week in the entire US sold 1000 copies.

I'M GOING TO GET A NEW CAR

Bloodbath is still pretty bad, even if some of their detractors take expressing it to very dramatic levels.

Just saw two new Chasm reviews on MA from empyreal. He's one of the only people around who has the range of and specific taste that I do and I usually enjoy his reviews for the most part, but I have to say I'm confused that 'Procession to the Infraworld' was rated much higher than 'Deathcult'. I've sat absorbing 'Procession..' for hours and not one song stuck to me at all, whereas I could probably recite 'Deathcult' for you from start to finish. Am I crazy, is the album really their masterpiece? I think it's their worst release, I just haven't found anything memorable at all, it's bizarre...

Re: Bloodbath, I've kept in mind that the concept started out as 'fun' and a throwback when I've listened to them before, and I sort of feel like the later releases suffer because it seems like they're trying to evolve into an opposition to their cliche...when, ironically, in reality they probably are best and also most artistically pure as a cliche.

Just saw two new Chasm reviews on MA from empyreal. He's one of the only people around who has the range of and specific taste that I do and I usually enjoy his reviews for the most part, but I have to say I'm confused that 'Procession to the Infraworld' was rated much higher than 'Deathcult'. I've sat absorbing 'Procession..' for hours and not one song stuck to me at all, whereas I could probably recite 'Deathcult' for you from start to finish. Am I crazy, is the album really their masterpiece? I think it's their worst release, I just haven't found anything memorable at all, it's bizarre...

That guy's smoking crack, Deathcult is their masterpiece IMO.