Death Metal

-Chris Barnes sucks
-Riffs suck
-Songwriting sucks
-Nothing memorable
-No real atmosphere imo
-Overall just fucking boring and sounds like shit

They're not the worst band ever but there are so many bands that are better and more listenable.
agreed to all of this except they might be the worst DM band ever.

You guys are out of your fucking mind. Decapitated is awsome. This is just like me arguing about Rammstein earlier...

Not really, their style of death metal is as generic as they come. There's plenty of better bands out there, you just believe this now because your frame of reference is pretty narrow.

=Originally Posted by General Zaroff
-Chris Barnes sucks
-Riffs suck
-Songwriting sucks
-Nothing memorable
-No real atmosphere imo
-Overall just fucking boring and sounds like shit

They're not the worst band ever but there are so many bands that are better and more listenable.

agreed to all of this except they might be the worst DM band ever. .
Bell... That conversation has been over for a long time. You came in a bit late...

Not really, their style of death metal is as generic as they come. There's plenty of better bands out there, you just believe this now because your frame of reference is pretty narrow.

Sure theres plenty of better bands out there. I never said there wasnt. I said Decapitated is awsome.

So were reverting back to the conversation where i got pumbled by Zaroff. I think I understand that Chris Barnes isn't as good as I thought he was now. For some reason I kind of liked his style. Still do Lol

I currently can't get enough of Cartilage - The Fragile Concept of Affection. I'm a sucker for abstract old school death metal. :p

I would say Gorguts is bad. I only liked their very old material. The stuff that isn't technical. Your the first person that seems to not like Decapitated. Also I take back what I said about Chasm

Gorguts bores the piss out of me, though I can appreciate their talent. I can't see why anyone would shit on Decapitated, honestly, they were one of the better death metal acts of the last 6 years or so. Fucking annihilated live as well.

You obviously don't know much death metal so you don't really have much to compare to.

I'll agree their first album isn't too bad but it doesn't really stand out much for me.

Ok, so wait....if you like Decapitated and think they are a good dm band it's because you haven't heard "real dm bands"? Lol? I've heard more dm bands than I can count and I think they are a good band. I know it's all subjective, but come on, man....they especially kick ass when compared to...I dunno...Demilich.

I currently can't get enough of Cartilage - The Fragile Concept of Affection. I'm a sucker for abstract old school death metal. :p

good man!

i don't really like intestine baalism that much, anatomy is decent i guess.

the chasm are gods, every fucking album man.

i've been getting into the dead congregation album quite a lot, really good shit. catching up with some '08 stuff now, seeing what i need to buy once i've got some money.

Currently listening to Excrutiating Pain ~ Thou Shall Choose. It seems pretty good... more old school death metal.

i've been getting into the dead congregation album quite a lot, really good shit. catching up with some '08 stuff now, seeing what i need to buy once i've got some money.

I can't say enough about that album. Each time I listen it blows me the fuck away, and I really can't think of many albums that have such a powerful and linear narrative drive (I STILL get chills every time that last bit kicks in after the Gregorian chant in "Teeth Into Red", one of the best closing tracks ever imo). I feel like such a douchebag always bringing it up but I think it's already rightfully earned its spot among the all time elite.