Death Metal

The Chasm are alright. They sound like slayer mixed with black metal to me more than a DM band and their production jobs make it pretty hard to get into them and are very thin and low-fi in a sense of black metal sound.

I personally didn't care for Demilich's vocals, and the music really isn't anything special or standout. And in my opinion Decapitated was a million times better than the yawnable Demilich (with their lame vocals). Thanks for your opinion on my opinion, though.

Demilich's vocals for one are a million times more original than Decapitated's over-used and tired style, not to mention their style is one of the most unique of the genre. It goes beyond me how can you even compare both bands. Demilich being one of the most unique bands of the genre in terms of overall songwriting and Decapitated being just another run of the mill death metal band.

Rottrevore - Iniquitous needs to reissued.
rottrevore-lp.jpg

Dismal Fate
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=UmNLcmxZNHZTSUEwTVE9PQ
incompetent Secondary
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=UmNLcmxZNHZ0d0h2Wmc9PQ

You never truly know which band sounds better because you always find another band here and there. Thats the best part about death metal, theres never enough. I would just say, if a band sounds outstanding, it's mostly obvious but sometimes takes a few listens but in the end they deserve the credit.

Demilich's vocals for one are a million times more original than Decapitated's over-used and tired style, not to mention their style is one of the most unique of the genre. It goes beyond me how can you even compare both bands. Demilich being one of the most unique bands of the genre in terms of overall songwriting and Decapitated being just another run of the mill death metal band.

If you say so. That's cool, man, I just don't like 'em. Vocals blow ass, unless they've changed something up from when I heard them 3 years ago. Perhaps you have a suggestion for a song I could check out to make me "see the light" concerning this band?

Do you really mean this? I can understand that you don't like it, but stating that the music is not special or standout is really silly. If deathmetal is universe, the Demilich songwriting is from a different galaxy. Like Omni said, it's aboslutely unique, and it also deserves all the hype it gets.

Yup, I really mean it (I'm not really in the habit of saying things I don't mean, even on the interwebs), I checked out a few songs from these guys 3 years ago and the vocals were the big turn off for me, I hated it. I don't recall any redeeming factor in the music that stood them out from others bands. Having said all this, I'm a very open-minded listener and tend to give bands a lot of chances before declaring them the eternal suck. So I'll propose the same question to you as I did with Ultimate Symphony: could you suggest some things I need to check out? What's their "best" material? What do you guys really like about the band? I'll gladly give it a shot again.

What are You thinking about last GOJIRA album (The Way Of All Flesh)??? In my opinion better than "From Mars to Sirius" ...hmmm I really like this album ...inteligent music , and one link:

KETHA - Trip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQJkjmlMyhE

I was actually really goddamn late to the whole Gojira thing. I had a female friend give me Terra Incognita about a month ago and I was fucking blown away. These guys really have an original sound and change things up decently, so I fully intend on getting more of their material in the future.

I checked out Demilich on myspace, couldn't really get into the vocals, music was sweet tho. I'm sure they'd grow on me if I bought one of their albums.

I'm listening to them on myspace right now....still think the vocals are entirely gaytarded. The music sounds kinda standard old school to me, ala early 90's guitar tones, tempos, etc. It's not AS bad as I remember it, though. I'm going to give it some more listens, as sometimes these things grow on me. I fucking hate burps for vocals though, totally not my thing.

*imagines frog on the mic*

Check out Rudra - The Aryian Crusade. Also I havn't checked it out but give a listen for their latest album "Brahmavidya: Transcendental I"

I'm listening to them on myspace right now....still think the vocals are entirely gaytarded. The music sounds kinda standard old school to me, ala early 90's guitar tones, tempos, etc. It's not AS bad as I remember it, though. I'm going to give it some more listens, as sometimes these things grow on me. I fucking hate burps for vocals though, totally not my thing.

*imagines frog on the mic*
I know what you mean, thats one of my biggest turn offs for Wormed too.

I don't know about anyone else, but can't wait for Denial -catacombs of the grotesque to be released. It's going to be one of the greatest DM albums since the early 90's.

http://www.myspace.com/asphyxiaterecordings

Tracklist:

Released on regular jewel case to an unlimited number and deluxe digipack
limited to only 500 copies.
1. Abhorrent Dormants Awakening (intro)
2. Lifeless Void of Darkness
3. Remains
4. Abominable Undead
5. Immense Carnage Vortex
6. The Pestilent Pits of Disgrace
7. Necrotic Invocations
8. What Lies Beneath
9. Inhuman Incarnation

I like how you totally disregard any merit music might have in any other dimension other than vocals merely because of the vocals. Wormed sounds about 5000 times more brutal than most bands, and STILL WOULD even without vocals. Stop sharing dumb opinions.

I never said I didnt like Wormed, they are just hard for me to get into because of the ridiculous frog croaking over the music. I absolutely love their lyrics/concepts and the music is pretty cool most of the time.