Death Metal

Sampling the Chasm now, kind of mellow for DM but still good.

If I remember correctly... only the first three albums have that quality. They shruged their doom influences after that.

Also... the only reason anyone would think Cannibal Corpse is godly is because they are the "face" of death metal to the outside world.

Checking out the new Unanimated now... seems really good. I dont have any source material though... this is the first I've heard from them.

I just listened to the new track posted on myspace for the first time. It's cool - there's a fairly strong black metal influence that reminds me of earlier Watain. I don't have hopes for this reaching the level of greatness that is Ancient God of Evil or even In the Forest of the Dreaming Dead, but it could still be interesting.

Hey that sounds pretty good, sounds like Watain indeed. I never liked either one of Dreaming Dead or Ancient God very much, but this blacker sound seems better.

I just listened to the new track posted on myspace for the first time. It's cool - there's a fairly strong black metal influence that reminds me of earlier Watain. I don't have hopes for this reaching the level of greatness that is Ancient God of Evil or even In the Forest of the Dreaming Dead, but it could still be interesting.

I thought this sounded kinda weak, unfortunately. Certainly, none of that special charm of their early releases remain, though I did appreciate the lead guitar work. Awfully modern sound, though.

After checking out the new one and going and finding Ancient God of Evil... i feel like it's a bit of a step down from that... but its still enjoyable.

So I've got Fleshgod Apocalypse ~ Oracles ready to go but I havent yet been motivated to listen to it.

Should I?

I'm also kinda looking forward to the new Axis Powers... it seems interesting enough.

What does everyone think of God Dethroned? I like them and think Nihlism is an awesome song, but the stuff leading up to Lair of The White Worm seems to be their best work.

Oh you guys ever heard of Skinless? I'm not a big fan of their old material but I like their latest stuff. Heres a nice sample song.

Last edited by a moderator:
ever heard of Iron Maiden? nah, me neither.

They're only the greatest Mayan Ritualistic Jazz Black Metal band ever. Only 3 copies of their demo exists which were recorded in a Mayan temple during the harvest moon.

What does everyone think of God Dethroned? I like them and think Nihlism is an awesome song, but the stuff leading up to Lair of The White Worm seems to be their best work.

Sigma Enigma is a great song imo. LOTWW is pretty cool.

Funebrarums new album is excellent and technically the bands first album being `Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods' was originally an independent demo. Paganizer scandinavian warmachine has leaked. I've heard some songs so far which are ridiculously good.

I may have to check out Paganizer's latest too. I remember listening to them on a split with Depression and thought it was a bit boring... still putting off the other albums... I had been wanting to check out Kataklysm ~ Sorcery again... and it's definitely as good as I remembered it to be. :)

Edit: Verdict on new Axis Powers
Anyone who likes Swedish Death Metal will like this... its solid... nothing really special... but it sounds good and its war lyrics... something different from the norm SDM and definitely listenable.

I may have to check out Paganizer's latest too. I remember listening to them on a split with Depression and thought it was a bit boring... still putting off the other albums....

If you do actually check out an album go with No Divine Rapture.

this new Teitanblood is pretty sweet..but is there anywhere else to buy it than AJNA? Going to cost me about 20$ for it, little overpriced especially since he has 950 copies left :lol: