Death Metal

What's Dying Fetus's best albums? I'm thinking about getting me a Dying Fetus or Behemoth CD next, probably Demigod by Behemoth or War of Attrition by Dying Fetus, though the stuff off killing on Adrenaline sounded good.

Their best are "Infatuation with Malevolence" or "Stop at Nothing".

Killing on Adrenaline is my favorite Dying Fetus album. They're all pretty good though with the exception of Stop At Nothing which is only average at best.

No, that album should be rated higher than it is. KOA or Destroy the Opposition are good albums but I think they are overrated.

Infatuation with Malevolence is admittedly good, but it's a comp of two demos... and has bad production, iirc... and Stop at Nothing is shit.

Infatuation with Malevolence is admittedly good, but it's a comp of two demos... and has bad production, iirc... and Stop at Nothing is shit.

Yes, the production is rough on Infatuation with Malevolence but it suits the music. That's why I think Stop at Nothing should be rated higher. Their most recent album, War of Attrition is good.

I heard some death metal-era Behemoth but I thought it was mediocre. I haven't heard their earlier black metal material though.

I'm not really into black metal... but as far as Behemoth's death material goes, I've always enjoyed The Apostasy and Demigod. Demigod, especially, has a lot of memorable songs.

You going to MDF this year? Pretty much flawless line-up, I wish I could go.
I am going and it's going to be awesome.

No, that album should be rated higher than it is. KOA or Destroy the Opposition are good albums but I think they are overrated.
My problem with Stop at Nothing is that since they got a second vocalist just to do the high pitched vocals I think they overused him.

PESTILENCE___RES_49d467aadbe10.jpg

I am loving it.

Personally, I've been revisiting tons of old stuff. Immolation, Incantation, Suffocation, Death, Master, Massacre... I still dont like Onward to Golgotha, although alot of their other work is good.

I've listened to some deathcore here and there too... really enjoyed Animosity's Animal. Impending Doom is so fucking gay that it should be against the religion they sing so damn much about.

When I first heard some samples from the new Pestilence I thought it was great, but now when I own it and have listened through it several times it makes me ponder the question why they thought a comeback was necessary. I'd like something new to the table and not just rehashed old material. 95% of all these comebacks that are happening are useless imo.

Not 95% but I understand what you mean, I liked the new Seance for instance because they changed their sound and it's still pretty interesting, but it's also not super generic and straightforward like the new Pestilence which had 0 surprises and 0 interesting parts on it...well, except for the breakdown/ending of Hate Suicide which ruled because of the drumming.

I'm not really into black metal... but as far as Behemoth's death material goes, I've always enjoyed The Apostasy and Demigod. Demigod, especially, has a lot of memorable songs.
You're right about that, the stuff off Demigod is very good. I can't get into the beginning of Behemoth's blackened death metal stuff as much though, Chant for Eschaton 2000, Decade of Therion, and Horns ov Baphomet aren't bad songs, I just don't get into it as much as Conquer All or Slaves Shall Serve.

I feel the opposite, I think they got really tepid and going-through-the-motions sounding on Demigod and other shit post-ZKC, which was their last good album imho.

There are about 5 songs on that pestilence album I love. And yes that drumming outro is sick.

Give me the best dm album of this year though