Death Metal

The new Funebrarum is pretty awesome, but the new Ignivomous is probably gonna be DM album of the year for me and for a few other people here (maybe). What I heard of the new God Dethroned was impressive too.

Anyone check out Denial ~ Catacombs of the Grotesque?
It seems to have came from no where... and it kicked my fucking ass. :kickass:

It's horrible.

I've heard 4,5 songs and regardless liking old Pestilence have no desire to buy it or even listen to the rest.

Favorite DM cds this year

Ribspreader -opus ribcage(FUCKING KILLER!). Ribspreader fucking rules.
New Funebrarum
Tribulation -the horror
Denial -catacombs of the grotesque, reminds me of Amorphis -privilege of evil and Demilich,etc.

I've heard 4,5 songs and regardless liking old Pestilence have no desire to buy it or even listen to the rest.

Favorite DM cds this year

Ribspreader -opus ribcage(FUCKING KILLER!). Ribspreader fucking rules.
New Funebrarum
Tribulation -the horror
Denial -catacombs of the grotesque, reminds me of Amorphis -privilege of evil and Demilich,etc.

You must not have listened to Fleshgod Apocalypse or they would be on your list.

I guarantee Greys wouldn't like FGA, they're not really "his" thing (which tends to be much more old-school). Honestly, I wasn't THAT impressed with the FGA album...it's good, but I guess I should throw it on again some time.

Derek: I'm partial to Satanica.

Abscess kinda start to bore me half way through an album. Seminal Vampires isnt bad at all though.

Edit: And now that I think about it... iirc, The Apostasy sounds a bit different than the rest of Behemoth's stuff... so I dont really think it's "going through the motions" either....

I guarantee Greys wouldn't like FGA, they're not really "his" thing (which tends to be much more old-school). Honestly, I wasn't THAT impressed with the FGA album...it's good, but I guess I should throw it on again some time.

I don't know if it is technically better than other "brutal death", but I really like it for some reason.

Tbh, I like them nearly as much as I like Autopsy. When I first started listening to them, I didn't like them nearly as much because of the fact that all I was thinking about while listening to them was Autopsy, comparing them and such. Once I got past that, I fell in love.

It's tech brutal death, and it's pretty good, but they basically just sound like Hour of Penance with classical music jammed in their music awkwardly. Still, it was a good debut.

It's tech brutal death, and it's pretty good, but they basically just sound like Hour of Penance with classical music jammed in their music awkwardly. Still, it was a good debut.

I haven't heard Hour of Penance, but I liked the classical clips jammed in there, even if it could be considered "gimmicky".

They're not THAT bad, and ironically, I find doing that better than masturbating all over your songs with classical-influenced guitar shit like Spawn of Possession tends to do...anyway, listen to HOP...FGA was formed by an HOP member, their album from last year kicked ass. So do the other two of course.

They're not THAT bad, and ironically, I find doing that better than masturbating all over your songs with classical-influenced guitar shit like Spawn of Possession tends to do...anyway, listen to HOP...FGA was formed by an HOP member, their album from last year kicked ass. So do the other two of course.

I'm not really into the classical influenced masturbating DM. pretty boring

I love seeing this kind of stuff. Kinda weird place to have a rehearsal room too, looks like some kind of storage place.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha? kind of like a storage space? it has 16 on the door and a garage roll up. i think it's safe to say it IS a storage space