Death Metal

They both are good. Obscura (the band) is a good listen when your in the mood for some crazy ass tech death. that also goes for Gorgut's Obscura as well. Just don't listen to the Gorgut's album after that cause it lames out IMO.

Edit: Stop the hate on Obscura srsly its a good band. AND album

I hate on them because they are boring and gay and suck

Well I don't find them boring and gay and suck. I'm not toting them as something original or fantastic, but it's a good listen nonetheless.

@Eviscerater: I don't hear a whole lotta MA style...more osdm from sweden. I hear a lot of Grave and Entombed though.

I hear MA influence but it's really only the songs written by Per Eriksson(Mock The Cross,Drink From The Cup of Heresy and Earthrot) and some parts in songs here and there, Jonas and Blakkheims songs are influenced else where.

If you dont like Breeding Death you shouldnt be listening to death metal...

It's average at best. It's far from being essential and totally lacking in things that I can't hear done better on albums from the 90's.

Also, Gorguts' Obscura rules.

I don't mind some of the stuff on Resurrection Through Carnage because it's inane in a catchy, fun way. But their other more 'serious' stuff sounds like basically a cover band doing B-grade versions of early 90s DM, and they sound like that because that's who they are. They get taken way too seriously by Opeth/Katatonia fans who've only just discovered their like for death metal.

It's average at best. It's far from being essential and totally lacking in things that I can't hear done better on albums from the 90's.

I'd like to think I'm pretty well versed in Swedish DM... It's one of my favorite styles... and Breeding Death is still some of the best I've ever heard... But I'm not going to bother myself to argue with you about it...

Breeding Death and Resurrection Through Carnage to me are essential in terms of newer DM and some of the few DM albums I like just as much as early 90's DM albums.

I was figuring maybe we should talk a little bit about Debauchery. There are songs from their new album on youtube. Really doesn't sound bad at all. Very melodic for a death metal album. Really diggin the vocals like most of Debauchery's work. They just sound brutal. Rockers & War. Heh really does sound totally like that. SUCH EMPHASIS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIpel1R3-RE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGfSyAtDTiQ&feature=related

i didnt like the first one much; twas ok but a tad too melodic. the 2nd one kicked ass though. i will look for that album.

edit: found it. yeah it is pretty good. the synth gets annoying sometimes. luckily it's not always there.
good vox and riffage. there's lotsa classic metal/hard rock sounding stuff, lol.

234519.jpg

Masachist, new band featuring Decapitated's ex-vocalist Sauron

Full length came out this year, anyone grab it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu6s9Ak8vJU

Just listened to it and I thought it was rather mediocre. I read Sauron left Decapitated because he had a health problem or something.