Death Metal

"After 16 years from it's original release, XTREEM MUSIC is proud to announce the official re-issue of the only and ultra-mega-classic album by Pennsylvania's ROTTREVORE "Iniquitous". This album was originally released in late 1993 by Drowned Productions (former Xtreem Music label) and was only pressed only in 1.000 copies before the label's demise and later change of name into Repulse Records (pre-Xtreem Music). However, the album remained buried and forgotten during all these years slowly gaining a true cult status for which some maniacs are constantly paying between 80-150 Euros for one copy on eBay!! Also there has recently emerged a bootleg version of the album on 12"LP vinyl on a very shitty quality by the way.

"Iniquitous" is going to be properly re-issued in July 1st both on CD & 12"LP format as well as T-shirts which by the way were also botlegged various times. This new version of "Iniquitous" will come with remastered sound and 3 live bonus tracks from '92. For this, Mark Mastro, vocalist & guitarist of the band and responsible of the album's cover art, provided the original version of the painting to ensure that the highest quality will be meet on every version (CD/LP/SHIRT). We must point out that back in '93 scanners were basically in their pre-historic days, so even the original CD releae didn't match the real quality of the cover art!! Now we're going to be able to appreciate the album cover in its real splendour. A new and revamped layout design is coming on both CD & LP including lyrics and extra band photos not featured on the original version.

We must warn everyone not to buy the bootleg LP version that's nowadays being sold on eBay. This one features a totally blackened cover scanned from the CD and with a totally blurry quality with a black frame all around. Back of the LP is also a shitty one and not to mention the vinyl itself, pressed in a clandestine factory. We must admit we bought one copy just to check what was that and we don't know if it's casual, but songs #3 & #4 comes with somekind of glue sticked to it, obviously a manufacturing defect, which makes it impossible to play. Of course it doesn't come with any kind of insert with lyrics or anything. The official release will come with perfect quality, insert with lyrics and various band photos plus killer green vinyl splattered in black. Don't waste your money in a lousy bootleg version, get the original one approved by the band!!

Rottrevore-LP_preview.gif

i own the original cd and the bootleg LP. the bootleg lp isnt bad at all but it seems that xtreem wants to cash in now since a bootleg has come to be. bootleg cost 15 shipped from england, and isnt bad quality at all. fuck xtreem and their shitty cardboard.

Yes I do. It's official though, and the part that matters, the vinyl, is perfect. It really isn't that poor quality. The record is heavy and sturdy and the printing on the sleeve is clear. The jacket is flimsy cardboard, but they're not the only label to do that, regardless of whether or not that's preferable. I will never consciously support bootlegs. I'd rather download a bootleg than support the enterprise with my money.

Fuckin' sweet.

Anyone know of any US Distro's that have Sinners Burn `pre-mortal autopsy and mortuary rendezvous.

Yes I do. It's official though, and the part that matters, the vinyl, is perfect. It really isn't that poor quality. The record is heavy and sturdy and the printing on the sleeve is clear. The jacket is flimsy cardboard, but they're not the only label to do that, regardless of whether or not that's preferable. I will never consciously support bootlegs. I'd rather download a bootleg than support the enterprise with my money.

This. Dave Rotten might use shit cardboard but he DOESN'T use shit vinyl...the record is thick and killer, with great splatter. It's not a bootleg...you just need to find places to cut costs nowadays...least he didn't make the record thin and flimsy.

I'll def buy it but it's a shame that classic albums like this get reissued by shitty labels. Has anyone seen the reissues darksymphonies is putting out lately? They certainly could have done justice to this album. I'm not a fan of flimsy cardboard vinyl releases like these shit labels put out.

You're lucky they're even getting reissued at all, and since you seem to have no qualms with getting bootleg shit, why complain? Xtreem is absolutely not a shitty label; in fact, Dave has some of the best taste in old school metal and modern metal I've ever seen, and his label has always been top notch with great CD releases. Just because he has to cut some costs by doing great sounding, great feeling, heavy vinyl (w/ splatter, don't forget) with shitty cardboard doesn't mean his label is "shitty" at all. I haven't heard anything about the Excruciate reissue being flimsy, cardboardwise, but you have to expect this kind of shit when costs for doing this stuff are so damn high. At least they aren't using worse wax.

um.. this is the guy that bootlegged the abhorer discog, and his demigod reissue is crap just for the atrocious cover artwork. the reason im sort of miffed is the only reason he is even reissuing this and rushing it out so quickly is because of the bootleg that is out. I would rather labels that actually give a shit about making their releases great put out these albums instead of labels that rush shit out with out caring about quality.

i mean i could be wrong maybe it will be a great release, atleast the record itself (heavy vinyl)

edit;

after being disappointed by so many releases nowadays its standard for me to be skeptical about the quality of records these labels put out.

The past year we had

Molested
Wombbath
Purtenance (piclp)
Crematory (shitty sound on two of the demos)

reissued and they have all turned out to be shit

Dave Rotten released the cd to begin with and is probably pretty annoyed people are bootleging releases without even having the copyrights and making money of an album(they're the ones making the money, not him). I could see if a label bought the copyrights from him and than did whatever they wanted. bootlegs are retarded as fuck

agreed, i don't care for bootlegs either i just wish that when labels decide to reissue classic albums they do them justice without rushing them out and not cutting corners by using shitty quality for their cardboard.

Molested
Wombbath
Purtenance (piclp)
Crematory (shitty sound on two of the demos)

I agree on the Crematory demo's(they sound ten times worse than tape uploaded Demo's in 128). I don't really get it(bought it for Denial anyways), but still, the entire reason why Netherworlds of the Mind sounds like shit to begin with is because the original master was lost and mastered from a tape but still they could have touched it up and it was the best shit they wrote.

I think I'll take your word for it on the Molested LP, but the shitty cardboard was only one thing, the other thing that sucked was that they used fucking faggot DHL to ship that shit, and DHL blows...they truly don't care about package integrity at all.

The Wombbath was a bootleg, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Purtenance was too. The Crematory was a rush job most likely because people kept getting on his ass and he wanted people to just shut the fuck up. It really is pretty unfortunate. People said that they had better sounding rips of the demos, so maybe I'll download them and listen to them instead of the tracks on the CD.

Also, regarding Dave's Abhorer reissue, he had no idea that the person he was working with was not associated with the band. He was scammed. He even paid this fuck money. He didn't know at the time, so I don't blame him.