Death Metal

Actually the shirts will be an optional choice this time so everyone can choose their own size. We've ordered S, M, L and XL for the Purtenance set. We thought that would be a lot cooler than sticking everyone with XLs again.

Glad to hear that, definitely.

Actually Miguel told me that the Wommbath was official, but I had my doubts when I got it. You probably all know the story on the Purtenance PIC LP too so I won't go into that. I'm actually trying to convince Roy from Necroharmonic to give us the rights on the Crematory Denial LP + demos. As of now he plans to release it himself. We'll see if it happens. So the Cd version was rushed?

Yeah, I'm not buying that story at all. I've actually never heard anybody speak of that Wombbath LP as anything but a (supposedly nice) bootleg. As far as the Crematory goes, it would be awesome if you could work with Roy for the vinyl version. I do believe that the CD was rushed into production because a lot of people were getting on his ass all of a sudden. I say this because the sound quality on the CD is unfortunately poor to the point where people were claiming to have rips of the demos that sounded better. I've also never heard the MLP before, but I would wager that he didn't use the best source even for that either. If you could talk him into working with you, perhaps you should try to get him to use better source material if there's anything available, or put a bit more into remastering and cleaning up the sound, because it does sound a bit like he wanted to get this out and get people off his back.

edit@Ray, I just texted you that you my pals. :lol:

from peaceville

Autopsy - Severed Survival - vinyl edition (Vinyl preorder)

One of the early death metal acts, & no stranger to controversy over the years, Autopsy formed in 1987 in San Francisco, & released 4 albums on Peaceville Records before disbanding in 1995 & going on to form Abscess.

The band notably features legendary drummer Chris Reifert, who began his recording career with US metal greats, Death, before taking on the unusual duty of handling drums & vocals for Autopsy. Autopsy has influenced a whole generation of extreme metal bands, from Entombed & Dismember to Darkthrone.

‘Severed Survival’ is (rightly) hailed as one of death metal’s finest releases. A completely rotten & uncompromising sound - Dirty, sludgy, death & doom metal mixed in with repulsive tales of death and disease - it was originally released in April 1989.

This vinyl edition of the album is limited to 2000 numbered copies comes on blue vinyl in a gatefold sleeve featuring the uncensored original art. It also includes a free poster of the alternate artwork (surgeons).

‘An absolute must for all old school death metallers. The beast is dead, long live the beast!’ * * * * Big Cheese

‘Twenty years on and Autopsy’s ‘Severed Survival’ is still both the beginning and the end when it comes to crusty, catchy Cro-Magnon death metal.’ 9/10 Terrorizer

Preorder now - ships 29th June
preorder (€15.95 EUR)
Tracks

SIDE A
Charred Remains (3.40)
Service For A Vacant Coffin (2.51)
Disembowel (4.05)
Gasping For Air (3.20)
Ridden With Disease (4.53)

SIDE B
Pagan Saviour (4.11)
Impending Dread (4.46)
Severed Survival (3.2Cool
Critical Madness (4.33)
Embalmed (3.02)
Stillborn (2.05)

I gave it a third listen today. It's good but I feel like most of the Gorguts/Immolation tendencies aren't applied very well at all. Something about it seems disjointed in a negative way, though I'll be giving it more listens to see if I'm just retarded or not.

My only complaint is it runs together, but it actually feels more cohesive that way and the album feels shorter than it is to me for the same reason; the cohesion and a lot of the subtleties make it for me.