Death Metal

179537_1_f.jpg

Been really digging this again. Solid Obituary record, I Don't Care what you guys say. har har

The later Obituary albums are all good actually with the exception of Back From The Dead. None of them are as good as Slowly We Rot or Cause of Death though, obviously.

The later Obituary albums are all good actually with the exception of Back From The Dead. None of them are as good as Slowly We Rot or Cause of Death though, obviously.

Of course not, but The End Complete, World Demise and Frozen in Time are all good. Can't say the same for Xecutioner's Return but Back From the Dead wasn't completely terrible.

I have been so disappointed with every Obituary release comming after "Cause Of Death". None of them came close to capturing the brutality of "Slowly We Rot" or the already mentioned "Cause Of Death". "Cause Of Death" was really death metal with class but uncompromising in terms the level of brutality. Oh yeah there are indeed other bands that emerged from Morrisound studios that pushed things further than Obituary but they were one of the first. In my opinion anyway.

The new Goreaphobia album is really fucking great. Every song on the album sounds different, it's kind of weird actually but not bad. Certain songs are heavily immolation influenced while others sound more like Master. Also seems this album has a morbid angel sound going. it's def. a good album, it's pretty unique while staying old school.

I mean it's nothing we haven't heard before but they do it really well. I'd rank this with the best death metal albums to come out this year.

Slowly We Rot is my 2nd favourite album in metal. James Murphy's contribution to The Cause of Death fits quite perfectly. Their later albums sound more forcefully heavy (I do not mean that in a bad sense) but again just doesnt compare to their first 2 full lengths. I have not heard Xecutioner's Return or Darkest Days yet so I cant really say anything about them.

I've been told that the jacket itself is still the same shitty, flimsy cardboard, but at least it has a printed inner sleeve. Hell's Headbangers supposedly has it on order.

Cool, I'll probably pick that up when HHR gets it then. I was disappointed with the jacket quality on the Demilich LP, but what can you really do...the LP itself is very nice (grey w/ red splatter) and sounds very, very quality so I can't really complain, plus it wasn't that expensive. I got Nespithe from Enucleation so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets these too. Maybe.

Cool, I'll probably pick that up when HHR gets it then. I was disappointed with the jacket quality on the Demilich LP, but what can you really do...the LP itself is very nice (grey w/ red splatter) and sounds very, very quality so I can't really complain, plus it wasn't that expensive. I got Nespithe from Enucleation so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets these too. Maybe.

so is the sound on the Demilich LP decent?

Guttural death metal plz. :worship:

Specifically melodic guttural death metal like Garden of Shadows. Any reccs?

Can anyone recommend any bands/albums with a sound similar to Dead Congregation? Graves of the Archangels is pretty quickly becoming one of my favorite death metal albums...