Death Metal

I'm fully aware Demilich is old school death metal...except they really dont sound like any other death metal band I've ever heard. He asked for guttural death metal like Demilich... I feel like it doesnt exist, so I acted accordingly.

Elitist faggot asshole.

Edit: And... maybe he can try Denial (Mex) - Catacombs of the Grotesque? Seems a little Demilich~esque.

I'm fully aware Demilich is old school death metal...except they really dont sound like any other death metal band I've ever heard. He asked for guttural death metal like Demilich... I feel like it doesnt exist, so I acted accordingly.

Elitist faggot asshole.

Edit: And... maybe he can try Denial (Mex) - Catacombs of the Grotesque? Seems a little Demilich~esque.

Listening on youtube, this is pretty good stuff, sort of similar to Demilich but I'd say the closest match would be Nauseant. Total Demilich worship. The Abysmaltician demo kicks serious ass.

Cosmic Atrophy is even more groove oriented than both Demilich and Timeghoul, though it's like those two bands in the sense that the groove is more cosmic than brutal. Codex Incubo is definitely a very good album, but I think that the second one will be a bit more cerebral in the structure department. The album flows well, but there are some amazing bits scattered about (like the "oh shit tiny aliens are crawling all over me" lead riffs that bring Demilich to mind) that could have been arranged better in my opinion.

Whenever I listen to it I always feel like my time would just be better spent listening to either of the two bands they are always compared to. I very rarely think like this, as you may know, but for some reason I really do feel that about Cosmic Atrophy. I hope their new one is much better.

DEMIURG Signs With CYCLONE EMPIRE RECORDS - Aug. 12, 2009

DEMIURG — the Sweden-based band featuring Rogga Johansson (RIBSPREADER, PAGANIZER) on vocals and guitars, Johan Berglund (THIS HAVEN) on bass, Pär Johansson (SATARIEL) on clean vocals, Ed Warby (GOREFEST, AYREON, HAIL OF BULLETS) on drums and Dan Swanö (EDGE OF SANITY, NIGHTINGALE, BLOODBATH) on lead guitar and keyboards — have inked a deal with Cyclone Empire Records. The group's third album is tentatively due in early 2010.

Commented Rogga Johansson: "We in DEMIURG are very excited to be signing the band to Cyclone Empire, as we think it's one of the best labels releasing metal these days. To be a part of their roster is something we surely will enjoy the coming years, and hopefully they'll enjoy having us as well.

"After the summer, I will begin to work on material for our third album, but already there are both smaller and bigger fragments written. From the sound of it this far, the third albums will be the most diverse so far and really bring out the best performances of everyone in the band.

"As usual, Dan Swanö will take care of the production and mixing of the album, and this time we have some really massive names on the list of guests that will appear. More on that will follow as work progresses on the album."

DEMIURG's sophomore album, "The Hate Chamber", was released in April 2008 via Holland's Mascot Records.

WTF awesome news. I don't really like The Hate Chamber though, I've given it a ton of chances but it just sounds way too overbearing and long like it's trying too hard...the first album is so fucking awesome though...one of the best modern death metal albums for sure (even though it's old sounding).

The second Cosmic Atrophy album should be out in October. If you haven't heard it already, there is a teaser track (premix, and drums will be re-recorded) on the MySpace.

After a lot of listens to Carcariuss - E-xtinction, I have concluded it is more Coroner worship than anything else. But I do like it a lot regardless.