Death Metal

There were copies of The Chasm's Procreation of the Inner Temple and From The Lost Years up on ebay that just finished yesterday.

FTLY went for 202 dollars and Procreation went for 285 dollars.

FUCKING NUTS.

A copy of Destroyer 666 - Satanic Speed Metal went for $240 a few weeks back and i once saw an original pressing of Burzum - Aske go for $1000

Edit: forgot, i took a screeny of it

Aske_holy_fuck.jpg

Yeah, Burzum's Aske is the most expensive thing I've ever seen on ebay tbh. Or anywhere else.

Graveyard, from Spain is releasing their album and on sale now! Into the Mausoleum was pretty good so I think i'll grab this one too. Supposed to be on sale in eNucleation and NWN! in a few weeks, on blackseed right now...for anyone interested in paying in euros.

Modern death metal is something I've really overlooked. Can somebody give me a quick list of the absolute essentials that were released 2007-now?

Schwärzung;8512538 said:
Modern death metal is something I've really overlooked. Can somebody give me a quick list of the absolute essentials that were released 2007-now?

Nominon `terra necrosis.
Bloodbath `unblessing the purity E.P.
Demiurg `breath of the demiurg,the hate chamber.
Grave `dominion VIII
Funebrarum `the sleep of morbid dreams.
Deathevokation `the chalice of ages
Ribspreader `opus ribcage.
Revolting `dreadful pleasures.
Paganizer `born to be buried alive E.P
Denial `catacombs of the grotesque.
Death Breath `let it stink E.P

Schwärzung;8512538 said:

Demiurg - Breath of the Demiurg

Nominon `terra necrosis.
Bloodbath `unblessing the purity E.P.
Demiurg `breath of the demiurg,the hate chamber.
Grave `dominion VIII
Funebrarum `the sleep of morbid dreams.
Deathevokation `the chalice of ages
Ribspreader `opus ribcage.
Revolting `dreadful pleasures.
Paganizer `born to be buried alive E.P
Denial `catacombs of the grotesque.
Death Breath `let it stink E.P

I'd definitely change the Ribspreader album to Bolted to the Cross and the Funebrarum album to Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods.

I recently got into Suffocation. I have Effigy and Pierced from within, excellent albums. What should I get next?
Those are their two best. 6 of the 8 tracks on Human Waste are on Effigy and Pierced, but I still consider it to be an essential album. Despise the Sun and their self-titled are also recommended.

Dead Congregation ftw :) I haven't checked out much else right now cuz my abilities to obtain new music right now are really limited.

I could use some assistance if someone out there wouldn't mind. I'm a converted bass player so I have a solid rhythm foundation and decent riffing skills, so before you start breaking my balls n shit (someone will anyway I'm sure lol) I'm self taught and too poor for guitar lessons. I'm trying to learn how to sweep pick (I believe thats what it's called). I've heard of something called swift picking and I wondered if it was the same shit or not. What I'm talking about is the last riff of Winds of Plague "One Body Too Many", it's a beautiful piece, but heavy as fuck, so I got the tab and I cant figure out what the fuck he is doing with his picking hand, they sound kind of like harmonics and it's pissing me off. I know there are people on here with skills, so help a brotha out and point me in the right direction, thanks

Schwärzung;8512538 said:

Embedded - Beyond the Flesh

Not essential, but i'm digging it right now.