Death Metal

dawn of possession is just ubersolid rather than amazing i guess. best immolation almost definitely.

i like mortal throne best from incantation, i'd put otg ahead of diabolical conquest though.

It's among mine too, though other favorites would include Land Where Sympathy Is Air (possible best album opener of all time) and Bringer of Elvenefris Flame.

Just missed the discussion on Incantation and Immolation?

I only really like two albums by Immolation...Dawn of Possession and Failures for Gods (their most underrated and easily my favorite). I've only heard Here in After once, but it seemed like the production was shittier than on DoP or FfG, and I found it definitely got in the way. Close to a World Below is just...meh. The guitars are great, but nothing on that album really sticks with me. Unholy Cult is good, but I don't like the production on that album. Their last two albums don't do much for me, though I have also only heard those two once. Haven't heard Hope and Horror, though I plan to.

Incantation is the superior of the two bands. Diabolical Conquest just edges out Onward to Golgotha as my personal favorite, followed by Mortal Throne of Nazarene. The Infernal Storm and Blasphemy were a weak part in the bands history (though the cover of Hell Awaits on the Blasphemy album is flawless). Decimate Christendom and Primordial Domination are superior to the prior two albums, but aren't quite of the caliber of their first three. But I like how they changed their sound on those albums, although the drummer's tapping sound tends to annoy me a little bit.