Death Metal

UNCANNY (Swe): MCMXCI-MCMXCIV Discography Official 3 LP set - TBA

Also, there's nothing wrong with seeking originality in death metal. The best bands tend to be the more original ones after all. This is why I don't have a problem with people who don't exactly get off on this recent resurgence of what essentially amounts to a bunch of rehashed early Swedeath albums. I personally am addicted to the sound, so I like quite a lot of these new bands that I've heard. Graveyard among them. I have Into the Mausoleum, which I thought was pretty good, as well as their splits with Terrorist and Deathevokation, and they come off as the better band on both splits. The song from the Deathevokation split sounds like something right off of Left Hand Path, but it's done well enough to justify its existence.

Also, there's nothing wrong with seeking originality in death metal. The best bands tend to be the more original ones after all. This is why I don't have a problem with people who don't exactly get off on this recent resurgence of what essentially amounts to a bunch of rehashed early Swedeath albums. I personally am addicted to the sound, so I like quite a lot of these new bands that I've heard. Graveyard among them. I have Into the Mausoleum, which I thought was pretty good, as well as their splits with Terrorist and Deathevokation, and they come off as the better band on both splits. The song from the Deathevokation split sounds like something right off of Left Hand Path, but it's done well enough to justify its existence.

Yeah fair enough...the new Graveyard certainly sounds a lot like old+new Dismember and Entombed...there's even a fairly melodic instrumental song like Dismember did a couple albums ago. I just think it's annoying when people like only one thing in their music. Why can't people enjoy retreading, satisfying death metal AND experimental stuff? Why is it so hard to take things at face value instead of having immediate bias against stuff just because it's nothing new, or, indeed, because it IS something new?

i find that i often like bands who only slightly change a formula (though clones of stuff i'm familiar with are almost always inferior to the originals and don't get many listens), certainly moreso than i tend to like bands who just seem to experiment for the sake of it. but when i look at the bands i love i think they tend to have originality in abundance AND a wide understanding and great love for the genre legends gone by. for me the latter seems to be pretty much necessary for quality of any sort, and the former is necessary to get right up among my favourites. i can't really fall in love with music unless it endlessly surprises me whilst still somehow making sense.

Review for Ignivomous-'Death Transmutation'. And if you don't know what that is, learn fast. One of the best releases this year.

Good review. I just went and listened to their stuff available at their Myspace and it kicks ass. I'm definitely considering to order the new one from NWN.

Yeah fair enough...the new Graveyard certainly sounds a lot like old+new Dismember and Entombed...there's even a fairly melodic instrumental song like Dismember did a couple albums ago. I just think it's annoying when people like only one thing in their music. Why can't people enjoy retreading, satisfying death metal AND experimental stuff? Why is it so hard to take things at face value instead of having immediate bias against stuff just because it's nothing new, or, indeed, because it IS something new?

They do sound great, I'm happy I checked these two bands today. I need to get the albums as soon as possible. All of the songs on Myspace are impressive.