Death Metal

I breathe pessimism, haha. I don't know which post you're referring to. But in the interest of fairness, I think Dawn has more of a 50/50 shot at creating something truly worthwhile.

Other than a demo... that album is really good though... I had no expectations at all for it... and it kicked my ass.

What would you recommend for somebody who's getting into Swedish DM? I own first two Entombed albums and Dismember' The God That Never Was. I would prefer if albums could be relatively easy to buy.
P.S. I have heard Vomitory and I really like their sound.

If you're just now getting into Entombed, I would cover all your classic old school dm too instead of focusing on sweden.

What would you recommend for somebody who's getting into Swedish DM? I own first two Entombed albums and Dismember' The God That Never Was. I would prefer if albums could be relatively easy to buy.
P.S. I have heard Vomitory and I really like their sound.

These shouldn't be too hard to find:

Unleashed - Where No Life Dwells
Unleashed - Shadows in the Deep
Grave - Into the Grave
Carnage - Dark Recollections
Dismember - Like an Ever Flowing Stream
At the Gates/Grotesque - Gardens of Grief/In the Embrace of Evil
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky Is Ours

Dakryn, if that avatar is a fusion of Bush and Obama, that is a total mindfuck. It is so subtle that I could barely tell. If that is just an Obama pic, than I am losing it :erk:

Listening to Ulcerate's other album, not bad.

Anyway...

What's most worthwhile from Gorguts after Obscura (if any)?

I'd suggest their first two actually. Not avant garde like Obscura, but good old school dm.

Agreed.

I prefer Considered Dead & Erosion of Sanity rather than Obscura & From Wisdom to Hate. I love all of them, but i think the first 2 albums are particularly strong - I would say Considered Dead is my favourite.