Death Metal

If you act quickly you can then gut him and steal all the yet-undigested CDs in his gullet.

Traumatic Voyage is fucking awesome. I just got Cogito Ergo Sum in the mail...the reissue from Merciless Records.

There should be more love for Immolation and Incantation, they really helped out with the death metal scene. To an extent I suppose. But theres definitly other nice bands out there don't get me wrong but I am a fan of both bands. I'd conisder them to be in my top 10-30 favorites for the genre.

Well I read back a bit and noticed you guys were sort of critisizing them. I personally don't have a problem with Dawn of Possession or Onward to Golgatha. Or pretty much any releases by them.

Their first two full lengths are Bolt Thrower in spirit... and who would complain about that?

They have so many releases after that... I havent kept up... Moon of the Chaos Eclipse is a good death/doom album too though.

Incorrect. Dawn of Possession is a masterpiece and a good majority of their discography is quality stuff.

i really like dawn of possession and it's my favourite immolation, and i quite like here in after and unholy cult. other than that i find them a bit heavy handed and contrived tbh, can't get into it. incantation on the other hand have mortal throne of nazarene which beats even dawn of possession, onward to golgotha which ain't far behind, and much of the rest is cool as well.

i haven't heard shadows in the light yet btw, any good?

i really like dawn of possession and it's my favourite immolation, and i quite like here in after and unholy cult. other than that i find them a bit heavy handed and contrived tbh, can't get into it. incantation on the other hand have mortal throne of nazarene which beats even dawn of possession, onward to golgotha which ain't far behind, and much of the rest is cool as well.

i haven't heard shadows in the light yet btw, any good?

Coming from someone that doesn't care much for Immolation after Failures for Gods, I personally found Shadows to be somewhat weak. It just didn't sound all that heavy and it felt like the band was running low on ammunition. But, there are people who insist that it is their best, so I think it is worth a listen, at least.

Oh, and Incantation > Immolation :cool:

Incantation > Immolation is correct....

Dawn of Possesion is the better debut, but after that, Incantation put out Mortal Throne of the Nazarene and Diabolical Conquest... I dont feel like Immolation has anything that can match those.

Onward to Golgotha is Incantation's best. After that, they remained consistant but I feel like Immolation has something new to offer with every album.

Shadows in the Light is excellent. It's a huge step up from Harnessing Ruin which I thought was a rather weak album.

Wha, how can you not like Harnessing Ruin, thats a good album. Shadows In The Light was nice but probably one of their worse. But im quite a fan of both bands. But if you want to follow metal archives on whos better according to ratings, its Incantation (Regarding full lengths). Personally I think they both are in the same league and on the same level. Onward to Golgatha is good but theres other albums by Incantation that are also quite great such as with Immolation. I personally think you can't go wrong with each band.