Death Metal

other than that i find them a bit heavy handed and contrived tbh, can't get into it.

I definitely have an issue with this in the case of Close to a World Below, but I can't help but feel like it's an asset to the album at the same time, as it literally sounds like something recorded at one of Satan's loud parties where everyone tortures Christians or something equally as "evil". I know it's sort of a superficial assessment, but I also think the arrangements of the first four songs and last couple (to a lesser extent) are on par with that of classics like "Into Everlasting Fire" or "Dawn of Possession", even if they are a little less fluid.

I've really warmed up to Failure For Gods lately though. It has some of the best instances of their trademark "gradually lead up to a giant climax that will kill you" structural idea that I feel make the two albums that followed it great.

Incantation=Immolation btw

Wha, how can you not like Harnessing Ruin, thats a good album. Shadows In The Light was nice but probably one of their worse.

Harnessing Ruin isn't a bad album but it's easily their weakest.

But if you want to follow metal archives on whos better according to ratings, its Incantation (Regarding full lengths).

Uh, yeah, since people judge the quality of a band based on metal archives reviews. :rolleyes:

apples or oranges

I'm not going to say which is better, but Immolation and Incantation have remained more consistent than most death metal bands.

also, not many bands top Onward or Dawn of possession.

I am listening to Onward to Golgatha at the moment, and im really giving it more attention than i did before, I think i am finally getting this album, and it is good. because it is good.

Anyone else feel Onward to Golgotha should be 10-15 mins shorter? It's too drawn out.

After Christening the Afterbirth and Immortal Cessation (Best songs on the album) I start to get antsy

What do you guys think of Unleashed's other albums besides their first two??? I Thought the last two albums they made were nice and Warrior. What do you guys think of Sworn Allegiance, Hell's Unleashed, Victory, and Across the Open Sea?

What do you guys think of Unleashed's other albums besides their first two??? I Thought the last two albums they made were nice and Warrior. What do you guys think of Sworn Allegiance, Hell's Unleashed, Victory, and Across the Open Sea?

Across the Open Sea is the best album of the ones you've mentioned.

BTW it's one of my favourite Unleashed albums.

So I ordered that Grave Miasma MCD, but then I cracked and downloaded it anyway as well. I don't want to hype it up to much for anyone who hasn't heard it yet... but best fucking death metal I've heard all year.

you better check it out. It seriously is the best death metal cd to come out this year.

on another note, just got the new Destruktor album from HHR today. Fucking great album, much more death metal sounding this time around.

What? Are you forgetting the new Chasm release!!!

00-The_chasm-farseeing_the_paranormal_abysm-advance-2009.jpg