Death Metal

The new The Chasm album isn't bad, i actually think it's quite good. I don't think it's as good as Grave Miasma's MCD, however. The albums are quite different from each other, If you prefer your Death Metal as dark, atmospheric, and about as crushing as it can get, you'd like Grave Miasma's album better. Both bands are excellent song writers, but for different reasons. That asphyx album is also one of the best DM albums released this year, my only complaint is that it is mixed really bad.

Theres a few other nice albums that were released this year such as Denial's Catacombs of the Grotesque and Vader's Necropolis. Both albums I enjoyed very much. I think theres a couple others I can't think off the top of my head. I would also include Behemoth's Evangelion but thats a little bit different. I could get into some of the brutal death metal releases but then I'd be going too much into detail and probably out of line of the more darker/atmospheric stuff I suppose and besides theres another thread for that.

Just do what I intend to do; sell it when the second press comes out as "OMG RARE FIRST PRESS 7" EP PACKAGING L@@K BIC NSBM BURZUM MOONBLOOD MORPHA"

Listening to this thinking more people should know about it. BTW, the Grave Miasma is good, will have to listen to it more.

Cover+Death+Metal.JPG

Listening to the new Portal... I'm 4 songs in and the album is starting to give me a migrane... bizarre guitar riffing... I cant even explain it... but it's loud... it's nonstop... and just fucking weird...

I dont know if it's good or not, I dont even know if I like it.

It seems that the out of line technical metal bands seem to wear off or sound like shit. I use to enjoy them but now i find them annoying. Bands like Origin, Necrophagist (Epitaph), Spawn of Possession, and Obscura are fine examples.

It seems that the out of line technical metal bands seem to wear off or sound like shit. I use to enjoy them but now i find them annoying. Bands like Origin, Necrophagist (Epitaph), Spawn of Possession, and Obscura are fine examples.

Do you mean that Necrophagist's Epitaph is a fine example of sounding like shit? I don't like technical death metal much outside of a few exceptions, but Epitaph is excellent IMO. Why are there so many people disliking that album?