Death Metal

A bunch of people on a DsO fanboy forum like Portal, so I'm not going to listen to them for fear of liking them and being a faggot.

I listened to Soulside Journey again yesterday, and being that it's my fourth or fifth time without really 'getting' it I think I'm ready to give up. I just can't find much of anything enjoyable about it aside from the excellent songwriting of Cromlech (and Locus Mortis to a lesser extent). Too many ideas that are just recycled from song to song, ergo too much monotony. It seems like little more than a "death metal fanatics only" sort of album. Anyone have a contrary opinion to offer?

It gives you vibes that it'll get much better with time when you listen to it, but I sort of agree with you actually, it's not as wonderfully intricate as it gives the impression to be.

I listened to Soulside Journey again yesterday, and being that it's my fourth or fifth time without really 'getting' it I think I'm ready to give up. I just can't find much of anything enjoyable about it aside from the excellent songwriting of Cromlech (and Locus Mortis to a lesser extent). Too many ideas that are just recycled from song to song, ergo too much monotony. It seems like little more than a "death metal fanatics only" sort of album. Anyone have a contrary opinion to offer?
You made it 3 more listens beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator: