Death Metal

I think the new Portal album is pretty good. V5 says absurdity isn't a means to an end, but I'm fine with it. I like meaningless, abstract shit sometimes. The production might be a little messy, but it doesn't bother me. Wrote elsewhere: "I guess to explain [...] why I like them, I would say that when I listen to Portal I get this impression of fleshbeasts emerging from some hellish dimension, senseless, all flailing tentaclesque appendages and gnashing teeth."

So yeah, I think the guy who said they're an acquired taste has the right idea. Not something for every death metal fan.

But then, Deathspell Omega is just about my favorite band these days, so maybe I shouldn't say too much here, eh?

For what it counts, death metal records I've been loving this year:

Grave Miasma - Exalted Emanation. It is the best DM record of the year, yes. Unless you would count...
Teitanblood - Seven Chalices, which is probably my favorite release of the year.
Ulcerate - Everything is Fire
Embrace of Thorns - Atonement Ritual
Funebrarum - The Sleep of Morbid Dreams
Ignivomous - Death Transmutation

Those would be the best, I think, but these were also pretty good:

Denial - Catacombs of the Grotesque
Excoriate - On Pestilent Winds...
Vorum - Grim Death Awaits
Tribulation - The Horror
Proclamation - Execration of Cruel Bestiality
The Chasm - Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm

Was hoping we'd see new Gorguts and Morbid Angel this year, even if I'm not sure how high my expectations should be.

Ah, so he's antitype? Yeah, he's all right, I've seen him on last.fm, mainly talking to Omni.

Ah, so he's antitype? Yeah, he's all right, I've seen him on last.fm, mainly talking to Omni.
Yeah, what happened with her? She suddenly vanished and seems to occasionally pop up saying she'll return soon, but still nothing. I enjoyed talking with her.

I think she's working on buying a new computer still. She hasn't e-mailed me back in over a month.