Death Metal

Beat you to that four pages back:

Every time I listen to Morbid Angel's Covenant, I think it is pretty much the best death metal album, with the best death metal sound, ever. Altars of Madness is an indisputable classic, yes, and Blessed are the Sick is a great album, but for me Covenant defines death metal and its brutality, dissonance, occult atmosphere, etc. Every aspect of the album is perfectly honed. There are certainly rawer, more influential albums, albums more important to the origins of death metal, but to this day I think of Covenant as the standard which, for my tastes, all death metal must aspire to meet.

Glad others agree, though. Used to seeing people have nothing more to say about Morbid Angel than 'altars rulz'.

I think Morbid Angel, without being overly consistent, have put out good shit during their whole career, and I'm happily anticipating their "coming":)erk:) album.

Yea, I like all of their albums. Heretic wasn't all that bad if you remove that 40 minutes of unnecessary bullshit. Domination was the album that got me into death metal and I still enjoy it from time to time. Alters rulz, and I have grown to think Formulas is really a great album. Blessed ain't bad either.

As for their new album...I dunno. For whatever reason, I'm skeptical, but at least they are taking the time to come out with good material.

^ I dig it. They sound rather Swedish, and looking at their top friends confirms they are probably very influenced by the old Swedish scene.

Any Necrophobic fans? I'm listening to their 2008 compilation - "Satanic Blasphemies", and it kicks fucking ass !!!

I'm checking out their first album now and I'm liking it a lot so far, its got lots of energy and nice guitar work. Any albums in particular to look out for?

edit: nice to see covenant getting some proper love above too, been playing it a lot since I finally got it on proper cd the other week. Kill them all for slander! :kickass:

No.

Except for one album, but I can't remember the name. I will look it up later. I bought 3 of their albums for $1 each and two were so unbelievably bland that it was lulz worthy. The other one was actually not bad though.

Schwärzung;8672178 said:
242356.jpg
Hearing them for the first time now, not bad

Runemagick's The Supreme Force of Eternity is really good.

Actually they've three pretty solid Death Metal Albums:

- Resurrection in Blood
- The Supreme Force of Eternity
- Enter the Realm of Death

They're an underrated band in my opinion, also their Doom stuff is good (not as good as the early DM material, though).