Death Metal

Demiurg was at first just Rogga and Dan and some session bassist on the debut (which is fucking godly), then was expanded to a "full-time project" with a real full band for the second (which inexplicably fucking sucks).

Yeah what the hell happened with the followup. Breath Of The Demiurg was great, it gave me Demigod vibes, and then The Hate Chamber just felt..bland.

Exactly. It sounds like it's just TOO modern and has none of the incredible, dusty-tomb charm that BOTD held...plus, all of the subtle melodies and atmospherics on BOTD make it hard to beat.

CONmyspaceheader.jpg

Holy shit. I was not aware of this.

THE GROTESQUERY (Rogga Johansson,Kam Lee).

http://www.myspace.com/thegrotesquery

Rogga writes all the music for Demiurg and said 'The Hate Chamber' was going to be different and it pretty much is. Dan Swano has nothing to do with the music or anything. I mention that because have come across people/reviewers who blame Dan Swano like he wrote the album.

He provided vocals on Crimson II.

Yeah, a lot of vocals actually, but it was a guest musician thing.

Crimson 2 guest musicians.
Roger "Rogga" Johansson - Lead Growling Vocals
Jonas Granvik - Backing Growling Vocals
Mike Wead - Lead Guitar
Simon Johansson - Lead Guitar

Still waiting on my fucking Embryonic Depravity CD.. for some reason i ordered 3 copies of the split with Gorevent. Going to have a fucking split party giveaway in my street.. giving it to one of the 5 year old kids, i'm sure they'll love it.

Rogga writes all the music for Demiurg and said 'The Hate Chamber' was going to be different and it pretty much is. Dan Swano has nothing to do with the music or anything. I mention that because have come across people/reviewers who blame Dan Swano like he wrote the album.

:lol: yeah that one M-A review blaming Swano for ruining THC is lol-worthy.

Yeah, a lot of vocals actually, but it was a guest musician thing.

Crimson 2 guest musicians.
Roger "Rogga" Johansson - Lead Growling Vocals
Jonas Granvik - Backing Growling Vocals
Mike Wead - Lead Guitar
Simon Johansson - Lead Guitar

The coolest thing about Crimson II is that Clive Nolan wrote the lyrics. Dan and Clive were also supposed to do a rock opera album together, but as far as I know that didn't happen.