Death Metal

As much as I like Razorback and the entire retro/old school DM thought Crypticus was pretty crappy.

best Razorback stuff

Hooded Menace `fulfill the curse.
Claws `absorbed in the nethervoid
Vacant Coffin `sewer skullpture.
Revolting `dreadful pleasures.
Blood Freak `multiplex massacre.

generally you can't really go wrong with Razorback if you like old school extreme metal and organic/natural production, not the triggered fake plastic drum shit and overly digital processed garbage that modern DM has become.

Hmmm so your saying those are the best ones??? What about Decrepitaph, Acid Witch, Fondlecorpse, Frightmare, WTN, Lord Gore, and Cianide :Smug:

And the following that I may not be sure of:

Zombie Ritual, Horrific, and Kutabare

Edit: Oh btw d_t, don't listen to the last Monstrosity album, its awful. Other than that, ace stuff.

looks like the nirvana pre order has shipped :kickass:

also acid witch rules for a top razorback list, looks like I gotta grab that Claws release

Something like...

Claws = Hooded Menace > Acid Witch > Blood Freak = Decrepitaph > The rest

And, if we can count Razorback's reissue of Impetigo - Horror of the Zombies, I'll put it above all the rest of their stuff, hands down.

Hey Krow where do Fondlecorpse, Frightmare, WTN, Lord Gore, and Cianide fit in your list :p

But I mean come on those are fun listens IMO

Btw you guys heard of the band "Hate" from Poland? I haven't checked them out for quite some time but the last time I gave them a listen I was kind of pleased I think. Been so busy checking out other stuff so I kind of lose track.

"The rest"

I'm not saying they're bad... but the other stuff is just better...

Also, Cianide is (was?) a really good band, BUT they've just recently went to Razorback so I cant count their old stuff unless they get rereleased.
If they reissue Cianide's first two, they'd probably jump right up to the top of the list. (Go listen to The Dying Truth if you havent already)

what are some other goodies to pick up at enucleation? black or death, I so far got;

Ascended - Temple Of Dark Offerings CD
Karnarium - s/t CD
Ares Kingdom - Return to Dust CD
Chaos Moon / Frostmoon Eclipse / Benighted In Sodom - Beauty.Darkness.Chaos
Weapon - Drakonian Paradigm

Please dont start this crap with a large list of bands...

Most of those bands are just okay or worse... Sarcofago is the best there... and arent really death metal imo.

And Denial is Mexican...

EDIT: I don't get why people say Deathcult is The Chasm's best album. For me, the newest is the best so far. Maybe Deathcult just hasn't clicked yet...still a great album though.

I definitely think Deathcult is their best. The new one is really good, can't deny it, but I do think Deathcult is better.

Oh, and the new Dying Fetus is way better than War of Attrition. Glad to see the band stopped sucking.

I have wanted to hear Deathcult for so long and have not been able to get a hold of it. I have thought of just downloading it so that i can finally have an opinion on it, but I have it in my mind that it would ruin the epicness of actually acquiring a copy and listening to it. The treasure hunt would no longer be as meaningful.

I think one of the things I like about Deathcult over other albums by The Chasm is the vocals. Seems Daniel Chorchado may have provided some influence for Daemon's performance on Zyklon's World ov Worms -- and similarly, the vocals were one of the strong points of that album as well. Perhaps "Chaos Deathcult" was a nod to The Chasm altogether...

I suppose it's also that Deathcult has more of a black metal feel at times, particularly on a track like "A Portal to Nowhere".

It's awesome, but not the best death metal album ever. I will say that it's underrated, probably due to people being put off by the vocals for whatever gay reason.