Death Metal

Cheers dude - good to see at least MP has used some logic.

Agree re: Nile and Hate Eternal, but if you read the blurb at the top, it already explained why this list is composed of what it is composed of. You cant please everyone and its bound to happen when you get a range of tastes.

On Opeth. They ARE death metal. But I'm not going to bang my head against the wall arguing it.

But if your only gripes are around the order and 1 or 2 albums, I'd say that you consider the list quite good (rather then BAD, as mentioned). We didn't spend too much time ordering 16 - 50 because it was always going to be a fruitless exercise (people arguing over totally trivial positions was going to be a waste of time, when it is a purely opinion based poll anyway).

So, when I was organizing CDs for intern hours at the station today, I found a fucking copy of Morpheus Descends' private print album! On the front, it had a label saying like "WUML is one of the only places in the US that has this!" So KVLT. I wanna delete the mp3s off my comp then rip it again (we're encouraged to steal every CD there since they are all "promos") just to say I ripped from an original of that! FUCK!!

So, when I was organizing CDs for intern hours at the station today, I found a fucking copy of Morpheus Descends' private print album! On the front, it had a label saying like "WUML is one of the only places in the US that has this!" So KVLT. I wanna delete the mp3s off my comp then rip it again (we're encouraged to steal every CD there since they are all "promos") just to say I ripped from an original of that! FUCK!!

Cool. I am trying to organize a online radio station. Anyone know how?

HailMetal.com Top 50 Death Metal Albums - List release this morning. Refer to my sig for a link. Feedback welcome.

Pretty good; I'd agree there are some questionable inclusions (as well as some truly amazing works missing), but I really enjoyed reading the descriptions of the top 10 and it was very impressive to see quality albums most typical death metal fans wouldn't think of putting into such lists (like Stargazer's, Arghoslent's, Miasma's, the first Runemagick album, the first At the Gates album [which I agree deserves its placement at #1], etc.).

Do you have any plans for a top 50 black metal list? If you do, I know for a fact Mayhem's DMDS album will make it on there at a high placement (deservingly so :cool: )...

These things will never please everyone hence why people need to read the intro of how the list was compiled and be a little bit understanding.

In addition:

in English, unlike the thrash list, you won't see 4 or 5 albums by the big name acts).

Appreciate the feedback. (look out for next instalments).

Not a bad list, actually. Some of the inclusions are quite surprsing, in a good way.:)
It does read like a favorites list, though, and not a definitive one, so arguing about order of placement is irreleveant. A couple of Decadent's recommendations should have made it there in place of others.
Edit: are you plannig on making a top 50 Doom Metal list? That would be interesting.

Well, they are idiots. GnR aren't even metal. Similarly, I've seen several others make the retarded claim that Led Zeppelin were the best metal band ever. People who aren't metalheads shouldn't get to voice their opinion on anything metal.

DONT forget:ENTOMBED(nihilist) VITAL REMAINS(tell me if i'm wrong but i think glen benton growls on the 2 latest albums) CANNIBAL CORPSE GRAVE ARCH ENEMY UNLEASHED DISMEMBER GROTESQUE THERION MASTER AND THE FUCKIN' BEST:DEICIDE!!!!!!!!:kickass:

No Lykathea Aflame on the top 50 list? Still it was good to see Psycroptic and Pestilence on the list, though I must say Katatonia, as much as I love it and them, was a surprise at 4. The lack of some greats like Mortification and Suffocation also slightly erked me. However, those kind of lists are always hard to write as death metal has a lot of variation, you could easily do a top 50 death/doom albums or a top 50 brutal albums. I for one would have definetely included diSEMBOWLMENT amongst others on the list but you cant please everyone.

EDIT: On the topic of Mortification, where was Scrolls of the Megilloth on that list? Absolute classic death metal album.

Well, this was a roster comprised mostly of classic DM albums from the 90s. I agree though that Lykathea Aflame should have been there instead of Stargazer, for instance.Also, Deathcult For Eternity was never as great as the hype around it.
Neither was Cause of Death. :p

again, feedback appreciated. re: other lists, id say the next one we are likely to do would be either doom metal or traditional / NWOBHM. But ultimately intend on churning it out for all the major genre classings. And you would be right in assuming DMDS would have a strong showing :p